cortex watts link

claudermilk

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed review. A watts link has been on my wishlist, but this cemented its spot. Now to pick which one: Fays, Cortex, Griggs--leaning to Cortex right now.

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed review. A watts link has been on my wishlist, but this cemented its spot. Now to pick which one: Fays, Cortex, Griggs--leaning to Cortex right now.

Wait a bit and see what BMR has up their sleeve. They are threatening to release a new watts link very soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

screaming_pc

Reaction score
fwiw, i have had a fays2 on my mustang since february of 2010. It is not noisy and has not "shifted". I drive it every day, and alot of the driving is not on the smoothest of pavement.

YMMV

i have seen a prominent poster on this forum put his fays2 on...while it was on jack stands, which is the wrong way.

So more likely than not, all the "problems" with the fays2 are user install related, not the product itself.

/2cents

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
fwiw, i have had a fays2 on my mustang since february of 2010. It is not noisy and has not "shifted". I drive it every day, and alot of the driving is not on the smoothest of pavement.

YMMV

i have seen a prominent poster on this forum put his fays2 on...while it was on jack stands, which is the wrong way.

So more likely than not, all the "problems" with the fays2 are user install related, not the product itself.

/2cents

Who was that, me? So long as you understand how the watts link rotates and operates and the angles on the arms are equal and opposite, the height of the axle when setting the arm angles doesn't matter that much so long as the angles are equal and opposite. I've moved from the "in air" method to jacking up the front and putting the rear on ramps but it doesn't truly matter that much. Mine has been noise free when everything is lined up... until the rod ends wore out last year which I replaced them.

screaming_pc

Reaction score
Who was that, me? So long as you understand how the watts link rotates and operates and the angles on the arms are equal and opposite, the height of the axle when setting the arm angles doesn't matter that much so long as the angles are equal and opposite. I've moved from the "in air" method to jacking up the front and putting the rear on ramps but it doesn't truly matter that much. Mine has been noise free when everything is lined up... until the rod ends wore out last year which I replaced them.

no not you

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
You can read about my Whiteline Watts link failure here.

I believe the cortex design is superior. It is a bigger pain however because there is some welding involved in the install.

If I could go back in time I would get the cortex, but the Whiteline replacement has been holding up well.
Not sure if this has been corrected...but the current cortex version of both the t/a & watts link, does NOT require welding to be fully and properly installed...this has been confirmed by me with Filip. It's why I chose it over griggs...griggs needs welding for both the t/a & watts link.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been corrected...but the current cortex version of both the t/a & watts link, does NOT require welding to be fully and properly installed...this has been confirmed by me with Filip. It's why I chose it over griggs...griggs needs welding for both the t/a & watts link.

Correct. To my knowledge (and I'm expecting to be corrected here), there isn't a single suspension part that Filip at Cortex offers that needs welding in. That includes the S197's Short-Long Arm front suspension.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back