Couldn't pass up it up....

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Alright!!!.....

So I've been working for a month with this truck and have a list of things that need attention.. I'm not suprised because of the miles and year of the truck. Overall I really like this truck.. It pulls pretty hard and so far is real dependable. Here is what I have..

-- Passenger side manifold is cracked and yes there is a bolt missing as well...

-- Drivers side upper ball joint/passenger side lower ball joint need to be replaced

-- Powersteering pump looks to be leaking..

-- Drivers door doesn't shut completely..? Which leaves a space for weather to come into cab. I'm pretty sure its the latch..but we will see

-- Driver side back door latch broken

-- Oil pan is leaking

-- air/heat doesn't come out front facing vents..so? maybe a blendor motor/actuator?

-- maybe a rear main seal leak but can't tell because of oil pan leaking..no transmission fluid lose as I can tell..

-- Driver's seat foam is all but gone.. I knew this. I just need to find a used one and put it in.

-- windshield is cracked(no big deal) but it leaks water when it rains or when i wash it..?

-- serpentine belt is cracked(easy fix)

So far that's about it. I am going to tackle these over the next few weeks or longer depending on time off. Any input or tips would be great. thanks

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
They are pretty good trucks as stated. The motors are easy to find an relatively cheap.

Check rockauto.com for parts. How bad are the leaks?

topbliss

Reaction score
I have the same truck in our fleet trucks at work except 4wd/auto/ac. The only thing we have done is a trans and a little front end work. Its a work truck too. Plows and stops/starts many times a day. Its been a good truck since new

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
the leaks are not bad at all.. but they bother me a little. Yeah this truck is great. just needs a little tlc. I will check rockauto for parts. thanks

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back