Coyote POWA

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
This is awesome ken. I'm sure the wastegates opening won't be too much of an issue with the 3" dp on both turbos. How far down the dp's do you anticipate the re-entry being?

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
I'd like to put them as downstream as possible with a good angle of entry. Some of that will be determined by space. But I think we have plenty of room to really not have to make any compromises. Jake should be starting on the wastegates in the next couple days.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Sweet, sounds good ken. Sometimes we plan out the big things but then when it comes to the small stuff we're like ohh F! Glad you all have thought it out. I really also like the addition of the ability to use the stock mid pipe hardware. That will help with low hanging pipes. I had to get a hanger welded to one of my over axle pipes to pull the Y up and also theoretically pulling the other over the axle up.

Can't wait to see some more pics and vids.

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Glad to see people are noticing the details.

Drivers side downpipe is done! Next up is the wastegates

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

And here is the factory mid pipe bolting right on!

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

Last edited:

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
I think I posted a pic earlier in this thread of my 3v. Once the 5.0 is done we will do my 3v with the same setup

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Ken, I know you are just showing it for illustration purposes and not because you intend to use the stock catted mid pipe or any cats for that matter, correct?

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Ken, I know you are just showing it for illustration purposes and not because you intend to use the stock catted mid pipe or any cats for that matter, correct?

Correct. We may try it with the stock pipe after we are done just to see if it hurt power but this car will end up with a 3" mid pipe.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Correct. We may try it with the stock pipe after we are done just to see if it hurt power but this car will end up with a 3" mid pipe.

I'm assuming it is possible to use the stock pipe, at least just while passing inspections?

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Yes definitely. It bolts up just like stock.

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Thought I would give you a sneak peak at wastegate placement. Driver's side will be close to a mirror image. And the wastegate connects to the manifold pretty much direct in line with the exhaust flow. Wastegate priority was very important to us.

IMAG0035.jpg

The pipe from the gate to the downpipe will go up over the turbo and dump back into the downpipe about 12" back from the turbo.

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

Now that this has been decided on, Jake can finish up this one and then get to the other side. Then it's cold side time!

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Such an amazing job you're doing! What a great kit you've put together!

usmcpony

forum member
Reaction score
Let's get the first one done and we can see how it works. :)

What's up?! Sucks that you haven't messed with the stang. Hope you're doing good.

I just got tired of messing with it and trying to get the tune better. Mostly Im upset that I never got my SCT tuner back. It was sent back to SCT by MD for supposedly having defects of some sort. Then they forgot about it. Everytime I called they would say, "what tuner?". Id have to explain the situation everytime I called about it. I hate buying parts twice.

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
I just got tired of messing with it and trying to get the tune better. Mostly Im upset that I never got my SCT tuner back. It was sent back to SCT by MD for supposedly having defects of some sort. Then they forgot about it. Everytime I called they would say, "what tuner?". Id have to explain the situation everytime I called about it. I hate buying parts twice.

I would just stop by there.

KenB

forum member
Reaction score

LMFAO, that's great. I appreciate all the positive comments. Jake and I are really trying to think of every possible idea as we are building this setup to have as little compromise as possible.

Yesterday we set a target date of Nov 19th to have it running. So we are getting pretty excited

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back