Coyote power adder/converter combinations

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Hello folks, I was just wondering what converter you're using with what blower, and if you could do it over again.

I know Circle D has the answers as to what converter to use with which power adder, but I went with my gut, and a little against the grain going with my 5C over a 4C that was recomended by 2 professionals, and still wouldn't mind a tad looser. I also think my car was way softer than most other auto coyotes off the line with the stock converter. 2.2-2.3 60' times, and pretty much couldn't even spin out with stock street tires on dry pavement lol.

This winter I'm wanting to add a blower, and although I already have the stall that would work fine with a centrifugal, I have a bad taste with centrifugals from an install that took quite a bit of work to get all the bugs out of, and it's still a bit of a pain as of today. Even if I did go with a centrifugal on this one, and my current stall proved to be a little too loose, a re-stall wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. I could also restall my 5C to a 1C and try it with a PD kit, but if it was still too loose, I'd have to sell it and buy yet another stall in a different size "258mm instead of my 245mm"

So for you power adder guys, what blower at what boost are you running, and what stall speed and size are you running, and what does the whole combination do for you at the drag strip including 60' times if you happen to know. Here's what I'm sorta looking for

I'm NA with headers and 3.15 gears running high 1.7 60' times on a 245mm 5C circle-D converter, not spinning with 28" tall quick time pros on stock suspension. I went with a 5C because it's the loosest you can go without going custom as far as I know, and It's working well for me

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back