Crawled under a 2011 GT500 today

taylor_reid

forum member
Reaction score
The LCAs are different....look more beefy. Also, the diff comes with an aluminum rear cover with cooling fins, and the rear axle comes painted as opposed to previous years. Under the front, there's a pannel under the motor to smooth airflow.

Where did you buy yours? Tommy Vaughn?

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought all 2010 Mustangs came with that front panel? I have one on mine - kind of a pain to change oil because of the bolts I have to take off for it.

Maybe that's another mid-year change? Mine was built mid Dec (I took deivery 1/21/2010). Mine has a panel that starts at the splitter and goes back about 18", but the 2011s I saw have that panel and then a second one that has a "belly", and yes, it looks like it would have to be removed to change the oil. BTW, I'll be glad to take it off your hands if you don't want it or think its too much of a pain :thumb2:

Where did you buy yours? Tommy Vaughn?

McRee in Dickinson

BTW, the stealership called and my aluminum axle girdle is in, so I need to take it in for a the labor-also-paid-by-the-dealer swap! Also, a tuner will be taking a set of the beefy LCAs off an '11 next week, and has already promised them to me, so my whole rear end will be updated to 2011 spec :thumb:

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe that's another mid-year change? Mine was built mid Dec (I took deivery 1/21/2010). Mine has a panel that starts at the splitter and goes back about 18", but the 2011s I saw have that panel and then a second one that has a "belly", and yes, it looks like it would have to be removed to change the oil. BTW, I'll be glad to take it off your hands if you don't want it or think its too much of a pain :thumb2:

McRee in Dickinson

BTW, the stealership called and my aluminum axle girdle is in, so I need to take it in for a the labor-also-paid-by-the-dealer swap! Also, a tuner will be taking a set of the beefy LCAs off an '11 next week, and has already promised them to me, so my whole rear end will be updated to 2011 spec :thumb:

I wonder how much the 2011 LCAs cost?

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They still aren't better than the BBR Billet LCA's

Thing is, I've tried the Metco billet LCAs ($300+), the BMR billet LCAs ($285) and the METCOs had bushings so hard that the NVH went up tremendouslky...I could hear the bearings/axles turning, and it wasn't just me, Richard at Strictly drove it several times and also heard it, and the BMRs simply squeaked non-stop...regardless of the fact that I followed the install procedures exactly in terms of not torquing the bolts until under full load, greasing the faces of the LCAs and injecting the correct spec-for-poly grease in the grease zirks (procedures folowed for both), and I'm not prepared to compromise the lower wheel-hop for cheap-sounding noise....I'm back to stock now and re-sold both the Metco's and BMR's

What kind of bushing does the BBR LCA use? Are there any guarantees you can make WRT squeak-free operation for a reasonable amount of time(say 3 months), such that when they do start squeaking the squeaking can be stopped by a quarterly grease injection? Having looked at your website, those bushings look just like the METCO's...

Last edited:

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have a problem getting them for about $55 each (plus shipping) from any dealer who'll do 10% over cost.

Compare at $110.

Thanks for the info!

It would be nice to see a picture comparing the 2010 to 2011 LCA.

CMK720

forum member
Reaction score
Thing is, I've tried the Metco billet LCAs ($300+), the BMR billet LCAs ($285) and the METCOs had bushings so hard that the NVH went up tremendouslky...I could hear the bearings/axles turning, and it wasn't just me, Richard at Strictly drove it several times and also heard it, and the BMRs simply squeaked non-stop...regardless of the fact that I followed the install procedures exactly in terms of not torquing the bolts until under full load, greasing the faces of the LCAs and injecting the correct spec-for-poly grease in the grease zirks (procedures folowed for both), and I'm not prepared to compromise the lower wheel-hop for cheap-sounding noise....I'm back to stock now and re-sold both the Metco's and BMR's

What kind of bushing does the BBR LCA use? Are there any guarantees you can make WRT squeak-free operation for a reasonable amount of time(say 3 months), such that when they do start squeaking the squeaking can be stopped by a quarterly grease injection? Having looked at your website, those bushings look just like the METCO's...

I have the BBR LCA and they are great...ride like stock and can't hear anything and make the car hook like an animal. Highly recommend them!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back