Crown Vic Police Interceptor 215amp alternator

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Pro Tip^^^^:beer:

The OEM cable has a fuse in it. You want that fuse.

I use these:

2x%20500A%20Mega%20Fuse%20Holder%20+%203x%20250A%20Mega%20Fuses_1.JPG

What's a source to purchase those?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Nothing really needed as far as a write up...the big red wire that bolts to the back of the alternator needs to be upgraded to be able to handle the extra current. That wire should go right from the alternator up to the connector on the battery terminal if memory serves me correctly.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I'm another one running this alternator on stock wiring.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing really needed as far as a write up...the big red wire that bolts to the back of the alternator needs to be upgraded to be able to handle the extra current. That wire should go right from the alternator up to the connector on the battery terminal if memory serves me correctly.

is that the only one that really needs the upgrade or does the ground wire(s) need one as well.

wabirch

Bill
Reaction score
I've always followed a basic rule to use a ground at least as big as your hot needs to be for the given amperage and length.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
is that the only one that really needs the upgrade or does the ground wire(s) need one as well.

I believe the ground wire is already bigger than the alternator wire. There is no ground wire coming off the alternator, just off the battery and I believe it's already 4-gauge. I don't remember for sure since my battery has been in my trunk for a few years now and I am grounded directly to my roll bar.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
I believe the ground wire is already bigger than the alternator wire. There is no ground wire coming off the alternator, just off the battery and I believe it's already 4-gauge. I don't remember for sure since my battery has been in my trunk for a few years now and I am grounded directly to my roll bar.

ok awesome thanks for the clarification!

wabirch

Bill
Reaction score
Trunk mount will be my install as well. I am bringing ground all the way back up front to tie into existing ground. Matching that line to the one carrying the starter / everything else.

wabirch

Bill
Reaction score
Understood. The kit I am using for this relocation has a mounting bracket that sits in the now empty battery tray where the existing ground terminal will attach easily enough.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I might be incorrect, but doesn't DOB make an aftermarket alternator?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
We have hot rodded Densos. All the pricing just changed since used cores came online. We were building them by starting with new ones. I'm not sure what the deal is right now. Everything just changed.

Back