Custom Leather Seats(Covers): How much would you pay?

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
A very good friend of a co-worker of mine has an upholstery business. He's done numerous cars(and a plane) and he approached me with what he can do for mine. One downfall of the Racecraft is that some had cloth seats, like mine. I don't mind it b/c the price was cheaper than a leather version and I really don't mind cloth. I priced out options awhile back, such as OEM leather covers and racing seats and backed off b/c of the price. Felt my cloths were fine.

But now with this custom option, my question is, what kind of price range would be talking about for custom leather covers? Factor in a big discount, as I'm sure he will. He asked what my budget was/what I wanted to pay and I didn't know what to say. Not looking to spend a fortune, just curious if anyone has gone through this process already. From what I found, the OEM leather covers would be at least a grand new and the Saleen seats used in the S281's cost about $2k I believe. Anyone?

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Are Katskins consider good quality? I know nothing of them and I imagine anything this guy uses is going to be pretty decent

dmhines

KONA GT
Reaction score
Yes ... Katzskins are considered one of the best for aftermarket leather. I think they have contracts with several aftermarket and OEM companies to supply their seat covers. Pretty sure if you buy a new Jeep Wrangler with Leather Interior ... Katzskins is doing the leather work for Jeep.

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Great! I appreciate that. So would the range of a few hundred bucks sound reasonable if he's cutting me a break? Thanks a lot!

Jaylee

forum member
Reaction score
He probably cant cut the price much lower than that. The material alone is expensive. At least for the good stuff. A $600 Katskin leather kit is about 40% leather and 60% vinyl. I have installed several Katskin kits and they are top shelf.

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Thanks! He emailed me and claims the leather is inexpensive thru his sources. But maybe inexpensive is relative here. Either way, I'd pay $600 for nice custom leather seats.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back