Custom Splitter on a CDC Classic Chin Spoiler

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
The hood already has a low pressure zone over it, and the under hood is high pressure so I'm sure it works pretty well as is.

Yeah there are two modes of success for a hood IMO:

1-One that doesn't look like it's receiving an excorcism at 140+mph
Not really, I would say "doesn't generate lift"

2-one that generates enough downforce to have to consider spring rate increase.

I'm sure you could argue that the hood that doesn't make lift is really creating minute downforce. Either way, your vented hood not boxed in will be in cat 1 I think.

Even having that would be a major improvement in aero for my car with the Steeda Race Cowl. Stupid choice on my behalf. Atleast it does make under hood temps lower. I would much rather have the extractor type or vented like yours. I do like your hood sir!

Last edited:

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
You were at CMS last week and didn't say "hi"? I has a sad.

I thought that car looked familiar, though. I might've even taken a few pictures of it.

haha Man I wish I had more time to walk around and meet people. It seemed like I was off the track for 10 minutes and then getting ready to go back on. Where were you in the paddock? I was over by the entrance from pit lane on Thursday and not too far from there on Saturday.

At least you don't have an intake tube to worry about in that area. Could you put your overflow tanks in the battery's location (assuming you move it)?

Yes he could. 908SSP built something exactly like that for his 2010 way back when. It worked great.

That is one benefit of having a blower. No fancy intake tubes here like Vorshlag. lol

I saw the prototype tank for sale on here a while back but I didn't buy it. Wish I did though. But uh, ya know, I'll still happily take one of those with the radiator mounted pump on them. haha

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
That is one benefit of having a blower. No fancy intake tubes here like Vorshlag. lol

I saw the prototype tank for sale on here a while back but I didn't buy it. Wish I did though. But uh, ya know, I'll still happily take one of those with the radiator mounted pump on them. haha

I was thinking about this last night. Why not leave the tanks up front? They won't get in the way of airflow, they will in theory stay cooler in the "bucket" and all you will need to do is run a few hoses through the sides of the bucket somewhere. If your worried about the bucket sealing you could use bulkhead connectors.

IDK if we are ever going to go into production on those water tanks. They are going to be spensive and I'm just not sure how many people will be interested in them.

That said you may be able to scoop mine up. I have it converted to use as a breather tank right now and I think I'm changing my whole breather system so I won't be using it anymore. It could be converted back into a water tank in 5min.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
haha Man I wish I had more time to walk around and meet people. It seemed like I was off the track for 10 minutes and then getting ready to go back on. Where were you in the paddock? I was over by the entrance from pit lane on Thursday and not too far from there on Saturday.

I was parked in the showfield. I don't have a tow vehicle or trailer, so I didn't want to put my car out on track 8 hours from home. Plus, I didn't like the way MCA was "classing" people; I saw complete noobs with no instructors out on track at the same time as AIX cars. I'm very, VERY glad that there weren't more accidents. I really wanted to hot lap CMS's roval, but it just didn't seem safe to me.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
So I had to put this project on hiatus for a bit because I moved. I'm hoping to work on it this weekend. Did get my roll bar and Cobra seats put in though. I think my car is more race car than street car at this point... lol

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
I was thinking about this last night. Why not leave the tanks up front? They won't get in the way of airflow, they will in theory stay cooler in the "bucket" and all you will need to do is run a few hoses through the sides of the bucket somewhere. If your worried about the bucket sealing you could use bulkhead connectors.

IDK if we are ever going to go into production on those water tanks. They are going to be spensive and I'm just not sure how many people will be interested in them.

That said you may be able to scoop mine up. I have it converted to use as a breather tank right now and I think I'm changing my whole breather system so I won't be using it anymore. It could be converted back into a water tank in 5min.

So... really late reply.

The biggest reason I want to move the tanks is to make room behind the radiator. As it sits right now, there's a mess of hoses and AC lines between the motor and fan; so much so that ducting the backside is nearly impossible. I planned on moving the tanks somewhere else, putting in a faster flowing slim fan, and completely ducting it to the hood. Getting rid of the stock shroud makes a lot more room, but also removes the mounting points for the stock degas bottle.

If you do decide to take it out, I'll scoop up that tank for sure.

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
Zach: You're a fracking rockstar for the Piedmont Plastics callout. They have 4'x8' sheets of black Sintra regularly in stock.

6mm(0.25") is $58.75 and 0.858 lbs./ft^2
13mm(0.5") is $109.75 and 1.20 lbs./ft^2

I'd estimate 20 square feet since the dimensions are roughly 4'x6' and you lose square footage between the wheels. So it'd be ~17.2 lbs. for the 1/4" and 24 lbs. for the 1/2".

I'm leaning toward the 1/2" for rigidity and that fact that it's only ~30% heavier for 117% more thickness. I'm also considering 1/4" with the first foot or two also having some marine-grade sheet aluminum attached underneath, since it's just laying around.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Zach: You're a fracking rockstar for the Piedmont Plastics callout. They have 4'x8' sheets of black Sintra regularly in stock.

6mm(0.25") is $58.75 and 0.858 lbs./ft^2
13mm(0.5") is $109.75 and 1.20 lbs./ft^2

I'd estimate 20 square feet since the dimensions are roughly 4'x6' and you lose square footage between the wheels. So it'd be ~17.2 lbs. for the 1/4" and 24 lbs. for the 1/2".

I'm leaning toward the 1/2" for rigidity and that fact that it's only ~30% heavier for 117% more thickness. I'm also considering 1/4" with the first foot or two also having some marine-grade sheet aluminum attached underneath, since it's just laying around.

I'd do the 13 mm too. Some sheet aluminum on the leading edge as a skid plate would be pretty trick. My current splitter dreams are too complicated for a sheet of Sintra I think. Unless I do some plastic welding. Perhaps I should keep it simple stupid... lol I want to do carbon, but I also REALLY dont want to do carbon. I don't have the facilities for either at the moment unfortunately. My condo wont let me change the brakes in the parking lot let alone break out the sawhorses and go to town on some plastic.

two tanks.

I actually contacted the guy who you sold that tank to to see if he still has it. He hasn't been able to dig it up, but isnt sure he sold it. I'm crossing my fingers that he does and I wont have to have one made. Either way, I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to do. I'm curious the dimensions on each tank, and if it'd be possible to fit one of those radiator mounted pumps on there with a new design while retaining the engine overflow.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back