Custom Sub Boxes

quadking7o7

forum member
Reaction score
Has anybody made an easy DIY sub box for the trunk? My box is just too big and I would like to put my subs on both sides of the trunk to give me some trunk space. Any ideas or suggestions?

SilverBullet

Reaction score

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Try a site like DIYMA, Caraudio.com or fiberglass forums. They have lots of build logs and install pics to get you in the right direction.

I will say that you need to ask yourself a few basic questions before starting:

-What exactly do you want? As in how many subs/amps/etc?

-Do you want a hidden/stealthy install or is not using your trunk important?

-Do you have the resources to do the install?

Good luck!

quadking7o7

forum member
Reaction score
Try a site like DIYMA, Caraudio.com or fiberglass forums. They have lots of build logs and install pics to get you in the right direction.

I will say that you need to ask yourself a few basic questions before starting:

-What exactly do you want? As in how many subs/amps/etc?

-Do you want a hidden/stealthy install or is not using your trunk important?

-Do you have the resources to do the install?

Good luck!
Im tired of not having a trunk. I need space back there. I'm going for something pretty basic. I do have the resources to do it. Dont really care if you can see the subs or not, just want trunk space.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure what you have now but i bought a box from Zenclosures.com and it fits great and only takes up that useless space way back in the trunk where the hump is.

quadking7o7

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure what you have now but i bought a box from Zenclosures.com and it fits great and only takes up that useless space way back in the trunk where the hump is.
So i was looking on the website and I had an idea, I think Im gonna try to mount them where the spare tire is. That area should be plenty of room. Ill put something above the subs so I can still safely put stuff on top of them.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
So i was looking on the website and I had an idea, I think Im gonna try to mount them where the spare tire is. That area should be plenty of room. Ill put something above the subs so I can still safely put stuff on top of them.

If you do something like that take pictures, I've been thinking of something like that also.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
You're going to have to put a grill or some sort of plexi over top of them I guess. Which might work but just don't spill anything in your trunk.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

That's what I'm going for later this year. I had a setup like that in my '05 and it worked pretty good. Managed to slide 2-10's (1st setup) and then 3 8's (2nd setup) in there while only raising the floor 4 inches.

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

quadking7o7

forum member
Reaction score
RCM90 hey question about your pic in your sig, was that taken in the dorm parking garage on Ramstein?

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure you configure the box with the correct amount of airspace.

I don't believe the spare tire well is going to be enough by itself.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back