Custom Tune in Houston

H-town427r

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good things about Lund on this forum. If I go with a remote tune they will be at the top of the list.

Any one have any experience with Auto Adrenaline Performance in SW Houston? I've seen a number of high HP mustangs come out of that shop.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
I met up with JDM when they come down to Pearland. Sr uses the dyno at Strickly Performance every month or two.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Pat at PSI is the only one that I ever let tune my car. Unfortunately, he now does all the tuning for Hennessey so his "crew" is left to run his shop. Not too sure I'd trust them to change my fucking oil much less tune my car.

bullittrevor

forum member
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good things about Lund on this forum. If I go with a remote tune they will be at the top of the list.

Any one have any experience with Auto Adrenaline Performance in SW Houston? I've seen a number of high HP mustangs come out of that shop.
AAP are good guys. Wally (owner/tuner) will work with you until your 100% happy with the tune. Cleaned up a tune I had from PSI and the car ran MUCH better. It didn't necessarily make more power but the driveability was improved dramatically. PSI was a pain in the ass to deal with everytime I went there. Customer service was non existent.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
AAP are good guys. Wally (owner/tuner) will work with you until your 100% happy with the tune. Cleaned up a tune I had from PSI and the car ran MUCH better. It didn't necessarily make more power but the driveability was improved dramatically. PSI was a pain in the ass to deal with everytime I went there. Customer service was non existent.

Holy hell. They are about 10 minutes from my office and I have never heard of them. Will probably go by just to introduce myself and see if he can "tweak" my tune as well.

JGrein05

Regular
Reaction score
I used PSI once and they were a pain in the butt and customer service sucked plus they don't answer their phone. I do hear wally at AA does what he can do to make the customer happy

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
I used lmr last time and i wouldnt say they are the shit when it comes to mustangs but they wrote a solid tune for me and my procharger. They actually got the "mullet" ford GT(hennesey built) from 1100 to 1400 rwhp, so they have to know something

H-town427r

Reaction score
This is all great info. I had no idea that JDM occasionally comes down to Houston. I'll probably swing by AAP next week to see what that's all about since it isn't too far away from my office.

bolivianpimp

Reaction score
I used PSI for my 08 GT cammed/supercharged and my car lasted 3 years of BEATINGS and the driveability was great. As yall mentioned, Pat is not at Henessy so i was looking for an alternative when i got my whipple GT500.

Someone over at SVTperformance.com recommended me to AAP so i decided to give them a shot. My car made great power and driveability was good for having a vacuum hose leak (thats a different story). I am going back next Friday for a retune if this storm stays away.

I will say, customer service with both shops has not been the greatest. I have been waiting for Jim @ JDM to come back down to houston because i would really like him to work his magic on mine.

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
I would use Wally at auto adrenaline, unless you can get Jim to fix you up when he's here. His tunes always make the most power for me. He will be back down here soon, he's got a house south of Houston right down the road from me. If you can get with him he can dyno and road tune your car to perfection.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He will be back down here soon
People have been saying that for a loooong time, and it never happens. I hope it does, though. There is certainly a market in Houston for a quality tuner that has even the minimum social skills required to run a business.

I'm glad no one has mentioned Fastlane. I'd push my car off a cliff before letting them tune my car again.

Last edited:

bolivianpimp

Reaction score
JDM will be down here next weekend, i already called and confirmed.

I called/texted wally 3 times to set the date for the retune.... nothing. So frustrating dealing with a shop with 0 customer services.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
JDM will be down here next weekend, i already called and confirmed.

I called/texted wally 3 times to set the date for the retune.... nothing. So frustrating dealing with a shop with 0 customer services.

If you want in on the schedule, you need to talk to Julie over at JDM. She sets the $$$ and Sr's schedule.

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah Jim is down here more than people know. He really is a nice guy, and has talked quite a bit about opening a shop down here. If he did it would be awesome, he's a tuning genius in my opinion. His biggest. Concern is drivability.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back