Cutouts with a TT set up?

Nyx_Maelstrom

forum member
Reaction score
Could anyone elaborate on real time benefits & detriments to installing QTP cutouts pretty much right after the header on, for example, the Lund TT set up? I can get a decent deal from a buddy and just want to see what im getting into. Im intrigued by the idea, and already have the money set aside for a TT kit .. just waiting for the Lund one to come out.

Or would you recommend a different placement? I will be running e85 on higher than stock CR at +10lbs of boost

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
To reduce pressure in the down pipe. More power and sooner on a turbo. We run a 5in down pipe in our kits which expands and cools the exhaust. This requires less volume in the down pipes. Haven't seen any gains in out kit yet open vs closed up to 1200rwhp. 5in down pipe seems to have done the job well. Track could tell a different story though.

Drkmrkiv

forum member
Reaction score
To reduce pressure in the down pipe. More power and sooner on a turbo. We run a 5in down pipe in our kits which expands and cools the exhaust. This requires less volume in the down pipes. Haven't seen any gains in out kit yet open vs closed up to 1200rwhp. 5in down pipe seems to have done the job well. Track could tell a different story though.

Yea, that 5 inch DP is a nice piece of art. I assume you couldn't run 5" pipes over the axles?

Any difference in spool times?

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Lord no lol. It splits into dual 3's. The DP has a custom reducer to the same cross sectional area as dual 3in. That gave a uniform reduction in area to keep the gas velocity the same. Honestly at about 600rwhp I stopped testing the cutouts. I wasn't seeing much of anything from them. Stock catbacks w resonators and all. But, my 3in down pipes replace the stock puny midpipe as well. (like the sales pitch? lol) JPC said they didnt see anything on Moby Dick either over 1100rwhp. I know I used to see a difference in some of my older single in classic mustangs. But they only ran a single 3in down pipe and 600rwhp. I know the hellion single picks up w one. I'll test them again over 800rwhp for shits and grins soon though. Between his Roush mufflers and cutouts, it's got to be the worlds loudest turno car lol

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back