Daily Driven Superchargers

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good point dex - in your case and where you live, I personally wouldn't do a blower car at all - but it's all relative. I saw the issues with a turbo out here in cali in the summer but it's a different story where you are.

You have to consider where you live when thinking about DD set-ups IMO.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
and YES, the water in a large resevoir is going to be cooler than ambiant air temp with no flow and in many cases out here in dry heat, the water is going to be cooler than even air with flow.

but thats the thing ck the t/s kits dont come with a large reservoir they come with a small one yea yours works better than a/a but you also have a what 7 ? 9? gal tank in the trunk and maybe im wrong but i would imagine a more humid area would have more effect on temps than a dry heat does easily put go to az when its 110 then go to miami when its 90 that 90 in miami feels like 180 lol

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You could almost boil water in my trunk here in Houston, in the summer. Hookers that I put in there die all the time, just think what your cooler water is doing! :roflmao:

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You could almost boil water in my trunk here in Houston, in the summer. Hookers that I put in there die all the time, just think what your cooler water is doing! :roflmao:

hell i know what you mean man i just left houston yesterday and headed over here to port neches , but it gets so fuckin hot where i live if i leave the car parked in a parking lot for say an hour osr so mid day in summer when i get back in the fuckin hurst knob i have is so hot you can barely touch the damn thing to shift lol

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, humidity sucks in feeling but is better for your cooler than dry heat because of the water grains in the air.

Yes, I am assuming too that if you are building a water cooled set-up, you are going to upgrade to a larger resevoir. yes, mine is ridiculous (16 gallons) and is why I am working on a freon system right now but even a standard upgrade (vortech size) is going to do a lot better in DD conditions in the southwest type conditions.

The south, east coast, north and mid west, have a different kind of humid air and are a different animal. Again, I'm not saying air to air doesn't work in southwest conditions, I'm just saying a water cooled system is better under DD conditions for making power out here.

When we have 102º weather - it's dry heat and hot air you are trying to use. Your water temp in your resevoir is not 102º and should be around 90-92º on that day.

When you are in Louisana and it 'feels' like a 102º because the temp is 89º with a shit load of humidity, you are dealing with a lot of water grains in that 89º temp that the motor is utilizing in the air transfer.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Yeah, humidity sucks in feeling but is better for your cooler than dry heat because of the water grains in the air.

Yes, I am assuming too that if you are building a water cooled set-up, you are going to upgrade to a larger resevoir. yes, mine is ridiculous (16 gallons) and is why I am working on a freon system right now but even a standard upgrade (vortech size) is going to do a lot better in DD conditions in the southwest type conditions.

The south, east coast, north and mid west, have a different kind of humid air and are a different animal. Again, I'm not saying air to air doesn't work in southwest conditions, I'm just saying a water cooled system is better under DD conditions for making power out here.

When we have 102º weather - it's dry heat and hot air you are trying to use. Your water temp in your resevoir is not 102º and should be around 90-92º on that day.

When you are in Louisana and it 'feels' like a 102º because the temp is 89º with a shit load of humidity, you are dealing with a lot of water grains in that 89º temp that the motor is utilizing in the air transfer.

so you're saying that air-air is better for humid climate?or no

dieselboy28

sick my duck
Reaction score
Good point dex - in your case and where you live, I personally wouldn't do a blower car at all - but it's all relative. I saw the issues with a turbo out here in cali in the summer but it's a different story where you are.

You have to consider where you live when thinking about DD set-ups IMO.

so you think a turbo setup would work better in utah? i live not to far from dex and have no objections to a turbo what so ever just wonder what your thoughts are on that? how do you think a dd turbo vr. sc would fair?

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not only KBs and Whipple's, but Saleen's as well.

Personally, I have over 30,000 miles on my KB (put it on at 16K... now have 46K on the odo).

I've laid down 50K easy on my Saleen, and 96K total on the engine. So far, still strong.

Green08BulliTT

forum member
Reaction score
from personal exp with a turbo car that has a air2air i can say if your sitting in traffic the air2air doesnt cool a damn thing unless there is a nice breeze. Water 2 air would be better since the pump is always circ the water and in affect cooling it off and the air as well. i live in ny and have almost 50k miles between 2 turbo charged cars both with A2A i have a friend with a W2A and it runs cooler in traffic in general with very similar setups. now when i can cruise with the car at highway speeds the A2A runs a lil better since i only have to cool the intercooler and not the water also but thats only if you let the car idle for a while or sit in a lot of traffic. now if you dont sit in alot of traffic on a daily basis i dont think either one is a bad option if your making lower power lvls like 450-550 ish.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if air/air was the best option for a DD Ford would have used it on the S/C Tbird, the lightning, the Terminator and the GT500. they did not. they used liquid

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
t

if air/air was the best option for a DD Ford would have used it on the S/C Tbird, the lightning, the Terminator and the GT500. they did not. they used liquid
good point there:thumb:

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
but why would procharger not put non of the systems with w2a tough.both of them for our ars are a2a.anyone?

Green08BulliTT

forum member
Reaction score
i would speculate it was easier for them to fit the a2a in there for install purposes since they dont touch the intake manifold. it also probly keeps the cost down a little and you dont have to wire that in as well. i am going with cost and ease of install. for most of us that dont see alot of traffic and might not even see much track time with low boost lvls i would imagine it doesnt make enough of a diff for them to go W2A route.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
we

i would speculate it was easier for them to fit the a2a in there for install purposes since they dont touch the intake manifold. it also probly keeps the cost down a little and you dont have to wire that in as well. i am going with cost and ease of install. for most of us that dont see alot of traffic and might not even see much track time with low boost lvls i would imagine it doesnt make enough of a diff for them to go W2A route.

naaah i dont know about the price,its like 5600 for the HO and like 4880 for a aftercooled vortech wit w2a so its not the price and instalation is easyer i guess.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

How do you do an A2A roots/twin screw?

Thats a lame argument.
Just because ford didnt do it doesnt mean its not right. Why does everyone make aftermarket parts? First thing I put on my dads GT500 is a bigger heat exchanger. You see that thing metal piece they call a h/e? I guess if they used it then its golden!

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
c

How do you do an A2A roots/twin screw?

Thats a lame argument.
Just because ford didnt do it doesnt mean its not right. Why does everyone make aftermarket parts? First thing I put on my dads GT500 is a bigger heat exchanger. You see that thing metal piece they call a h/e? I guess if they used it then its golden!

i gues you can do it the same way run a pype from the throtl body to a inter cooler,and them from there to a filter i gues i mean pretty much the same way

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back