datalogging 5.0

onebadgsx

Reaction score
What parameters should be checked when datalogging on the x3. Afr, spark adv, knock, rp. Anything thing else recommended? What would be the safe levels for these parameters? I know afr reads lambda which i don't know how to convert, how much spark is safe?

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
afr bank1, afr bank 2, etc angle_actual, knock sensor, lmbseb1, lmbseb2, load as a fraction, rpm, spark advance, and vehicle speed are PIDs Bama had me log recently. as said w/e reading you get for afr1 and afr2 will get multiplied by 14.079 that will be your a/f ratio

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
I just logged mine and the AF is 11.40 to 11.90 wot. Pretty conservative.

How do you interpret the knock readings. I get some during the shifts.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I just logged mine and the AF is 11.40 to 11.90 wot. Pretty conservative.

How do you interpret the knock readings. I get some during the shifts.
is that a race tune? seems more like a performance tune which are generally richer.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Can you email me the log(s)? chris[dot]rose[at]americanmuscle[dot]com? The tune should be .840-.870, which it sounds like it is. That's common on our Performance and Street tunes. Shoot me over an email with your logs as well as first and last name and I'll take a look at the tune and maybe make some tweaks, if you'd like.

Chris Rose

Last edited:

2011/5.0

Reaction score
my afr at wot is .84/.86 so its 11.82/12.10 is that ok?
where is the timeing show? knock is 0 and 0

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Your name is 2008gt, but I'm assuming we're still talking datalogging an 11 GT?

If so, .84-.86 lambda sounds good. Knock being at 0 is also really good, especially because it's hot out and everyone is getting knock, lately.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
yes it a 2011 5.0 auto,but im new to datalogging ,have knock value 0 max 0 not sure what the avg -.077,maybe i do have knock, the spark advance is value 33.0 max 48.5 avg 33.06,i think alot of us would like to datalog to make sure tunes are safe,but understanding the info is confusing,is there any info on how and exactly what PIDS to choose, and how to read it
thanks for the help.....and thanks for the xmas in july sale the ups mans going to be busy.... LOL

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hahaha! No problem.

Is this a Bama tune? 33 degrees is very high, and doesn't sound like one of our files. This is going WOT as in foot to the floor and not like 3/4 throttle, right?

No knock is good, .84-.86 lambda is good, 33 degrees of timing is aggressive. I'm really intrigued, as that should be knocking that back down quite a bit.

Chris

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back