datalogging 5.0

Reaction score
Hmmm that's not SCT's software... Is there any main differences? Another question: Do they have anything for MacOS? Lmao ... I've been having to log with a crappy MS netbook...

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Yah I dont have an SCT yet, Im honestly hoping something else comes along where I dont have to pay 400 bucks for tuning software that only work on ONE car, on top of the cost of the actual handheld unit.

But anyway, Im pretty sure Innovate hasnt made Logworks for Mac OS yet, but I suspect its coming since the the OT-2 interfaces with iPhones and iPods.

Logworks is pretty great. I used it for a long time just datalogging AFR with my old LC-1 and only recently have started using its more advanced features, which allows you to do cool shit, like this:
Musang_ios_02_ign.png

Thats sort of a rip of the stock ignition map, although its not 100% accurate because its not taking out any gearing, tip-in, VVT, or temperature compensations. Its just whatever I logged while driving normally.
If I did a log enough log with lots of very steady load under stable conditions it should produce a pretty nice map though.

Last edited:

ubeenbit

forum member
Reaction score
Does it do knock retard? I have dashboss and for quick checks it is great, but no knock retard.

Sent from my iPhone on an overpriced data plan

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure it will log knock, but I havent tried yet. I dont even know what all of the available readings are yet, but I see "DTC count" which I think might be knock count.
This is pretty open source stuff, so anything you can get from the OBD protocol should be available, although it may take a little work.

Last edited:

Reaction score
I feel dumb for asking this, but if you don't have an SCT device how are you connecting the laptop to your ECU?

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Oh, you might be right.
SO yah, Im not sure about knock then, I have a couple questions for innovate and need to give them a call, so Ill ask about that as well.

But anyway, Im using an Innovate OT-2, which is basically just an OBDII datalogger. It can be daisy-chained with other Innovate products, so you could for example add an LMA-3 and hook a map sensor to it and datalog boost with your other OBDII stuff.
Ive been using an Innovate LC-1 wideband controller for a while now, which Ive alwasy been impressed with, which is why I ended up getting the OT-2.

Last edited:

ddd4114

forum member
Reaction score
What sort of sampling rate are you getting with the OT-2? I assume it locks you to 12 Hz because it's a Logworks file? Your data looks a little choppy, but I'm not sure if that's due to the scaling, sampling rate, or my bad eyesight.

I was considering going with an OT-2/LMA-3 setup for my datalogging, but since it's not easy to add GPS into the system, I broke down and got a DashDAQ.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back