Daytona Speed Master Brush vs. Wheel Woolie...Which would you buy?

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
I'd be curious about the wheel wookie, but for the money...I would hope it would be a much better tool than the daytona brush (which I'm completely happy with).

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
Your right about the price but since I really have no need for the two smaller wheel woolies I was thinking of getting the large one on a different site for about $30 by itself so essentially that would be the same price as the daytona since you only get 1 daytona for $30 as well
I'd be curious about the wheel wookie, but for the money...I would hope it would be a much better tool than the daytona brush (which I'm completely happy with).

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I own both but I still say Wheel Woolies. The thing I don't like about the Daytona is the rod bends too easily. I want it to hold it's shape when I'm cleaning.

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
Thats what I have heard before as well about the Daytona but didn't know if it was a hassle or not
I own both but I still say Wheel Woolies. The thing I don't like about the Daytona is the rod bends too easily. I want it to hold it's shape when I'm cleaning.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I would personally just get a microfiber cleaning tool from the parts store thats what I have, It has a bendable shaft that is similar to a daytona brush. I keep my wheels coated so I never need more than soap and water.

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet Glove! I like it but I need something that can reach behind the spokes of my SVE Drifts and easily scrub the barrel and back edge of the wheel but that might be a cool little thing to clean the front!

I know it's not an option, but I picked up this wash glove (not a mitt) specifically for washing wheels and it has been great for wheels with a lot of curves.

http://www.amazon.com/World-Automot...8-1&keywords=Peak+Dual-Purpose+Cleaning+Glove

I've had something similar to the woolie before but I lost it.

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
I decided to buy both at Autogeek with a 20% off code so once I get them in I can see for myself which is a better choice for me. I might even do a few vids about them also but we will see

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
I have used both and here's my $0.02

The Woolie is pretty thick and is a tight fit between the Brembo caliper and 19" wheels. I don't even try it with my 18" track wheels. For dirty wheels, the Woolie shaft is stiff enough for me to apply pressure to do some scrubbing. On the down side, the Woolie is pretty small and you will bang it between the spokes frequently while scrubbing.

The Daytona brush fits between the Brembo caliper and wheel perfectly and it only take one or two stroke to clean between each slots on the wheel. As long as my wheels are not nasty dirty, the Daytona brush is easily 2 or 3X faster than the Woolie. When you have a bad back and kneeling down to clean your wheels, you appreciates that. :)

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
I use the Daytona and love it. It is nice because you can clean the whole wheel with ease (I use the larger brush to get the inner wheel and I keep mine sealed so its easy to clean). But, like you mentioned, they will bend if you put pressure on them. To me it really isnt that bad but I could see how it would maybe get annoying if you are constantly cleaning your wheels. Let us know which one you like more.

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
Alot of great info on here! Once I get it I will start doing some tests on my wheels as well as a few other peoples just to get a variety of styles etc

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
I have both products and have used both products many a time.

The Daytona is a completely different animal IMHO. It is used only for the inside of the wheels and even in the Fender Wells.

The Wheel Whoolies can be used on Paint in small crevices, spokes of wheels where a brush or microfiber cannot get to.

The Daytona is soft, but, does a great job at cleaning the inside of the rims. The whoolies can be used on other areas of the car, and not just wheels.

The wheel whoolie kit I am referring to has 3 pieces; Large, Medium and Small.

I suggest getting both.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back