dealership troubles, recent purchase

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
They're fixing the hail dents Tuesday. im a happy camper. I think I lucked out. these guys are going the extra mile for me. coming to pick up my car Tuesday and dropping off a fusion as a loaner, bringing mine back Wednesday. they've been great working through my issues with me. I think if it all turns out well they will get a great review and a thank you letter!

These dealerships usually use the same PDR guy and keep him fed so it's usually no skin out of their pocket to do such for a customer. If your hail dents are barely noticeable then likely a less than skilled PDR guy already tried to fix them. I hope it all works out for you cuz I would be SMOLDERING if I got less than I bargained for. jus sayin.

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
I hope it turns out nice. if all the more noticeable dings can be gone and a few of the lesser ones I'd be extremely happy...only thing sucks is that they are coming to pick it up Tuesday and driving it 200 miles back down to their dealership. and driving it back Wednesday after noon it sounds like if all goes well. this is just my understanding from a quick phone conv. last night. said they are dropping of a "chase car" fusion for me to use while they have mine. so maybe they're bringing a flatbed tow truck or something. that would be great so that I don't have another 500 miles put on it. I would have 1000 miles put on this thing just getting it home basically :(

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Don't stress it. A skilled PDR guy can make it all totally unnoticeable!! I bought a Toyota Sequoia from a dealership with hail damage with the understanding they would fix it and as picky as I am I COULD NOT tell at all it had ever been damaged.

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
AWESOME > haha thats what i want, cuz i will spend hrs at a time looking the car over and inspecting the paint and what not in my free time when im bored, idk why i do it cuz ill be pissed when i find something ahahah. thats good to hear though.

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
got the car back today! , its like the dings were never there. they really did an amazing job getting it fixed and back to me. I can finally relax!! lol

austinkli

Reaction score
I don't know if there is any current status on this, I only read the OP, but I work at a dealership and do a fair amount of work in the finance office. Sounds like they did some srs illegal stuff that you can get out of in a heart beat. If you'd like help, please feel free to PM me. I would be happy to help you out. The sooner the better.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With as many hits as you are taking about how you obtained your current mustang I would not be offering your help to anyone.....

austinkli

Reaction score
With as many hits as you are taking about how you obtained your current mustang I would not be offering your help to anyone.....

Good news, I didn't offer it to you so you don't need to worry about it. But thanks for contributing. I offered it to OP, and if he would like to PM me I'll do everything I can to provide him with the info to make an educated response to the dealership.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We look out for each other on here and based on how you treated your customer your advice nor input is not welcome here, go back to the other forums you belong to, this one is not for you.

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
We look out for each other on here and based on how you treated your customer your advice nor input is not welcome here, go back to the other forums you belong to, this one is not for you.

This is an open forum, agree or disagree with him, but no reason to hammer the guy. If he wants to offer someone help, so be it it's their choice if they want to accept his offer. It's always a pile on mob mentality here, I don't post often, I actually enjoy reading about mustangs. But these days a real build thread will get three posts, but a guy who acquires a new mustang or a guy with a tuning dispute gets 10 pages.

It's like the place turned into a reality show, people arguing and slanging shit at each other.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guess not, I'm not as active as others. Boy it's like the WWE in here!

I guess to some it would be. No hand holding here. No censorship either. Respect is earned here. That is what makes us different. Unfortunately austinkli has made a bad first impression, and it will take time for him to repair it, if he cares or chooses to.

You should see when a newbie asks why they can't post in the for sale section....we explain why....then they get an attitude. Never ends well. The entire board cares about the other members here, and do not tolerate scammers. We had a hard lesson to learn with SD and VSOP to name a couple.

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
I guess to some it would be. No hand holding here. No censorship either. Respect is earned here. That is what makes us different. Unfortunately austinkli has made a bad first impression, and it will take time for him to repair it, if he cares or chooses to.

You should see when a newbie asks why they can't post in the for sale section....we explain why....then they get an attitude. Never ends well. The entire board cares about the other members here, and do not tolerate scammers. We had a hard lesson to learn with SD and VSOP to name a couple.

Makes perfect sense!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back