Defective Koni?

Trbo6gn

forum member
Reaction score
Well after just installing my Koni Str.t Shocks and struts 500 miles ago it turns out that the front strut is already blown and leaking fluid. I have barely even driven the car and the strut already took a shit. Now i guess i'll have to go through the entire drawn out process of sending it back and waiting to hear from them. Has anyone else had a Koni be blown with such low mileage and absolutly no track use???

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I just installed mine a few months ago and they are great.I heard they have great customer service. Just call them up and they will take care of you.

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
Its not a drawn out process. I think it took less than a week to get the new one and I kept mine until the new one was shipped to me. Then I sent the old one back to them after I swapped it out.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Koni has great customer service, especially on their lifetime warrantied struts. They generally ship the new one to you first. I had an issue like this and they just sent a new one and told me to throw or keep or do whatever I want with the old one.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
if you didn't have bad luck dude you would have none at all.

bingo2

Reaction score
I had it happen when I had the STRs on my car. Right front blew with less than 50 miles. The warranty process is kind of a PITA but, Koni came through with a new unit.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I've had mine on for 1500 miles now. No issues. And I do run my car pretty hard through the corners. They do a great job of handling apex ripples and bumps.

I'd give Sam a call. And call Koni. Having calls into both of them will do you a lot of good. Sam Strano is all about helping out his customers!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
You will definitely be taken care of, KONI products are great, and I am really happy with mine. So far I have about 6,000 miles on my STR.Ts and they perform perfectly.

Trbo6gn

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah i talked to sam yesterday and he was more than helpful in pointing me in the right direction. Definatly a stand up guy. I called Koni today and once i fax over my warranty sheet they said they will ship it out. Pretty happy with things so far. Hopefully no more bad luck lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back