Delete clutch kill switch

Jims3rd

Reaction score
Is this possible? Any thoughts on how to do it ?
Also, having a very weak left knee, is there a way to assist clutch pedal pressure so not as much force needed to disengage ? Tia

AHaze

Reaction score
Is it possible? Yup. Is it a good idea? Well, put it this way. I definitely don't recommend doing any of the following:
I don't know if it's a NO or NC switch but: Find the switch and unplug it. Attempt to start. If that doesn't work then it's a NO switch. Put a jumper wire in the harness and try again
Problem #1: I'm guessing this will at least disable cruise control and possibly other systems as well. You could get around that by leaving the clutch switch hooked up and adding a momentary contact push button in parallel with it. Then it becomes push the clutch in OR push the button to start.
Possible Problem #2: legal ramifications if this little hack is ever found to be the cause of an injury collision.
If you insist on doing this, I would suggest you figure out a way to make the car impossible to start unless it's in neutral like what is done when installing a remote starter on a manual trans vehicle.
As far as lightening the clutch effort, it's probably not gonna happen unless a previous owner put some high performance clutch in it, in which case, the answer is put an OEM spec clutch back in it.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
If you're referring to the clutch safety switch, all you have to do is disconnect the two-pin wiring harness and stick a paper clip between the two pins. This will allow you to start the engine without depressing the clutch pedal. Bear in mind that it'll be even more important to ensure that the gear selector is in neutral so the car won't suddenly lurch forwards.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back