Delete plates and frpp manifold

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
I've searched all over and can not find an answer. I want to know if you could use delete plates with the frpp manifold. The reason, I want to do a direct port nitrous set up eventually but I can't bring myself to drilling and tapping my manifold. If anyone has tried this or has some available I'd really appreciate some info. If they would work then I could use the steeda deletes that have the ports already. I know I could just use the stock manifold but I hate the way it looks.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Sometimes you need to be the pioneer. Do you have an frpp intake to do a quick fit test with?

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
I do. I did really want to pull the manifold. Unless I had to thought I would ask first. I think it should work. It seem the only thing that wouldn't work are the screws that hold the plates to the manifold.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I think you can with longer bolts.
It just mates with the flat surface of the head, kind of like adding a spacer.
BUT i don't know if your hood is going to fit after that.
Also you're going to have to be real careful with alignment because there is no place to secure the plates to the manifold like the stock one with the screws.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Also you're going to have to be real careful with alignment because there is no place to secure the plates to the manifold like the stock one with the screws.
That's what I was thinking. As for the hood I want a cowl anyway lol. If I get some time next weekend I think I will try it.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It would be cool to build a kit that uses a tube that fits in the bore from the rod that holds the stock plates, kind of like the spray bar that goes across the 4 bbl plate kits but feeding all 4 cylinders on each side. Put the solenoids under the manifold and feed the nitrous to the plates from the back side and you could build a pretty stealthy kit.
As far as making the FRPP manifold work, it would probably require some grinding on the manifold and the plates in order to get the alignment right. Get to work and report back to us!

Last edited:

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Are the stock plates and the delete plates the same dimensions? If I get some time I'm gonna try it. I know dvest8r said it won't work but I want to know why lol.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
stock plates and delete plates are exactly the same

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Are the stock plates and the delete plates the same dimensions? If I get some time I'm gonna try it. I know dvest8r said it won't work but I want to know why lol.

Of course they are, how else would they interchange with the CMP? The real question is do the delete plate mirror the bottom of the FRPP intake on top, or is the top surface gasketed specifically to mate to the stock intake, not act as a spacer, so to speak.

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
I dont think it will work. The plates taper from the head to the manifold on the runners. The gaskets may line up but at minimum you will have to dremel the ports to match the manifold side. Not to mention there is a gasket slot on top of the plates that probably wont allow the gasket on the manifold to seal. If you say...had a machine shop take 1/4-1/2" off the top, match the ports with the dremel, and run the nozzles on the inner side of the plates....now that could be cool.

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
The FRPP intake is made to fit the stock head so the opening on the top of the delete plate would already be larger then the bottom of the intake. You shouldn't have to cut on them.

It will take more then a Dremmel. I just ported my heads and Steeda plates and the billet plate takes some time. It is not soft aluminum like the heads. To give you an idea of how much material there is to take out, here is a couple pics.

Ported on top of non ported.

On the bottom I welded the stock gasket slots up and had the plate resurfaced.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
I dont think it will work. The plates taper from the head to the manifold on the runners. The gaskets may line up but at minimum you will have to dremel the ports to match the manifold side. Not to mention there is a gasket slot on top of the plates that probably wont allow the gasket on the manifold to seal. If you say...had a machine shop take 1/4-1/2" off the top, match the ports with the dremel, and run the nozzles on the inner side of the plates....now that could be cool.

I think you are right I just pulled up a pic of the frpp manifold and went out and looked at the stock manifold. I looks like in order for it to work you would have to fill in where the injectors spray on the plates. On the stock manifold they stick out a little bit. On the frpp the shoot straight down. I have a guy at work that is pretty good at welding hey could probably fill them in. The only other problem that I could tell is there is no extra material to attach the plates to the manifold. But I think I could find away around that too. Other than that I think it could be done.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
It would be cool to build a kit that uses a tube that fits in the bore from the rod that holds the stock plates, kind of like the spray bar that goes across the 4 bbl plate kits but feeding all 4 cylinders on each side. Put the solenoids under the manifold and feed the nitrous to the plates from the back side and you could build a pretty stealthy kit.
As far as making the FRPP manifold work, it would probably require some grinding on the manifold and the plates in order to get the alignment right. Get to work and report back to us!

That would be pretty easy to do. You just have the plate line bored for the size of pipe you want to use, weld the ends, and tap for AN fittings on the end.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks stroker that's pretty much what I was trying to say lol you must have posted while I was typing.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
You could make a gasket for the bottom of the FRPP intake and seal it to the intake and delete plate with RTV and you are ready to go.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
I think I'd rather have spray nozzles in each port. Wouldn't the bar cause a disruption in air flow?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back