Delete seat

Nuclear

forum member
Reaction score
I ordered the American Muscle seat delete, and it looks good. If you are feeling industrious, this "kit" would be very easy to make at home. A thin sheet of wood and some generic black carpeting is all you really need. If I had to buy another one- I wouldn't. I would Just build it myself and save some green.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I built my own. .040 alum. Sheet metal and some cheap auto carpet.

It weighs 10 lbs (20 lbs less than seat + belts) and I think looks nice. Carpet could have matched a little better. Black would be easy.

982603D8-769C-4EA6-8EA4-5294293BB2BE-2867-000003AC8DCCD632_zpsaeb0bbec.jpg

Sent from iPhone

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ That looks great! I need to do this for my vert. I use those Cervinis Speedster tops so having a back seat is pointless anyway.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
^^^ That looks great! I need to do this for my vert. I use those Cervinis Speedster tops so having a back seat is pointless anyway.

I've been wanting to make some of these for a couple of other people for a while now. But have had a hard time finding a good source for the sheet metal. I used some left overs I had from our dirt mod days for mine. I have lost touch with those sources I had back then. Of course time to the necessary research has been a problem for me lately as well.

Sent from iPhone

up_yours_7

forum member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to make some of these for a couple of other people for a while now. But have had a hard time finding a good source for the sheet metal. I used some left overs I had from our dirt mod days for mine. I have lost touch with those sources I had back then. Of course time to the necessary research has been a problem for me lately as well.

Sent from iPhone

I would buy one!

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I would love a seat delete but the dog rides in the back seat so I just elected to pull the belts to save the 10lbs. If there was a delete that looked good and saved weight yet would support an 80lb dog I would buy it. Lol.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I would love a seat delete but the dog rides in the back seat so I just elected to pull the belts to save the 10lbs. If there was a delete that looked good and saved weight yet would support an 80lb dog I would buy it. Lol.

Well I'm working on an idea for that too.

And thanks guys for the compliments. I just wish I could have found a better carpet match.

Sent from iPhone

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Pattern

Here is a pattern to make your own. Mine is made from 1/8" fibre board and covered with black fabric to match the carpet. You can get the large headed plastic push clips to hold it in place at any auto parts store.

Lee

Attachments

• rear set delete.pdf
    149.3 KB · Views: 211

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
I actually made my own custom rear seat delete, and the bottom panel hinges up so you can store stuff/transport items in there, and the whole thing weighs like 8 pounds, much lighter than all that factory crap, and it cost me like $30 total with hinges, carpet, and wood. I think I used 1/8 inch plywood, black carpet from autozone, and $1.50 hinges from ace hardware.

I'll try and post pics when I can.

Not trying to sound like a douchbag but anybody who buys a rear seat delete kit is a retard because a monkey with a jigsaw could make one in about 30 minutes.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Here is a pattern to make your own. Mine is made from 1/8" fibre board and covered with black fabric to match the carpet. You can get the large headed plastic push clips to hold it in place at any auto parts store.

Lee

Thanks!!!

GTstang06

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone ever come across some gray carpet? I'd like to do mine but the black carpet doesn't really look good with gray interior?

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Anyone ever come across some gray carpet? I'd like to do mine but the black carpet doesn't really look good with gray interior?

Try the auto parts stores. I think O'rielly's is where I found the closest match for my parchment (tan). They have the common colors. It's cheap automotive carpeting but its easy to work with and looks ok.

Sent from iPhone

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back