Detailing a car at college...

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
So yesterday I decided to ditch homework and studies and finally give the car a good ole' cleaning. A couple of my buddies also had wallets open to pay me for some cleaning stuff and for me to help them wash there cars too. I was told that our new Fraternity house was equipped with hose bibs so I could finally stop driving to a wash bay to wash the car.

So I went got my hose and nozzle, turned the water on, started prepping the car right in front of our house and instantly the campus security popped around to question everything I was doing. The woman got mad and accused me of unlocking the bib myself and stealing the hose from campus maintenance. :moon:I giggled and told her that it was already on and this was my hose. She told me that we are not allowed to use the water bibs on the houses and they must be locked all the time because they are only for the campus maintenance to water the grass and tress in our yard. Also there were insurance reasons to why we were not allowed to use it.

I just said whatever and continued washing my car and did a full detail on it including whipping out my Porter. All the girls were impressed with how thorough I was being and they were interested in me cleaning their "rims" as well. I said all I need is you helping me in a bikini. Made a couple friends with assumed gear heads passing through who had questions about the car too.

Well later after I washed my car and a couple of my brothers campus security rolled through and cut the water off and told me that if they ever see me using the water again then I will get fined and will get parking privileges taken away. I'm not being wasteful of water at all. On campus we have like a zillion fountains that they keep on all year (yes, even in freezing weather they freeze and they are still on). For me to use water for a couple houses here and there just pisses me off.

All and all I had a good afternoon yesterday and I will continue to be that guy that uses a orbital buffer in public on a college campus, but not letting me use water.... come on I think that with the tuition of a private college we have the right to use the water.

We called our someone about it asking why and we were also told that it looks trashy when tours go by... lol

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
Wow thats beat... At wyotech we used to have beers with campus security while we had our cars parked on the lawn of our apartments washing them.... Oh the good old days.

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
That's pretty lame, OP!

Are the frat houses school owned or privately owned? I'm pretty sure if they are privately owned that security can't do **** about it!?
If the school owns them, good luck! I would just get wash buckets and do little sections at a time. My apartment complex has weird hose fittings that I have not been able to find a single hose to fit. I think they do that so only their maintenance crew and use them. Nothing worse than lugging 3-5 buckets of water down the stairs and outside to wash my baby:-/

Wow thats beat... At wyotech we used to have beers with campus security while we had our cars parked on the lawn of our apartments washing them.... Oh the good old days.

What campus did you go to/when did you graduate?

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks man I agree with the cost of tuition they should throw the water on for free hell with the cost of tuition they should throw in a car as a graduation gift how much some colleges cost .

Sent from your moms phone

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
What a fucking joke sounds like my APTs...

Guess thats what you get for paying for your firends lolz

... :kma:haha

Gosh that sounds like a good time. We used to be able to do that, but they told us to stop drinking outside and playing football because it intimated the tours...

That's pretty lame, OP!

Are the frat houses school owned or privately owned? I'm pretty sure if they are privately owned that security can't do **** about it!?
If the school owns them, good luck! I would just get wash buckets and do little sections at a time. My apartment complex has weird hose fittings that I have not been able to find a single hose to fit. I think they do that so only their maintenance crew and use them. Nothing worse than lugging 3-5 buckets of water down the stairs and outside to wash my baby:-/

The houses are owned by the school which is crap IMO. Many of our other chapters have their own houses and it makes stuff so much easier to deal with. We are even responsible for paying for the insurance. The houses were just completed in August so they are brand new but what sucks is how close they are together with everyone. They wanted to build a Greek community, all I see is an addition to the school brochure.

Fun Fact about the houses: The school has the windows screwed shut with the screws filled in so they cannot be opened. We are paying insurance for risk that is not available!

If they do not let me use the bib, I will be connecting the hose to the shower and rolling that bitch down the stairs right out the front door. I won't be fucked over with this crap. I like to keep my nice stuff clean and if you don't respect that then we will have a problem. If the shower doesn't work I have a water pump too that I used for our foam party last year - that would work brilliantly sitting in the bottom of a filled up trashcan.

Only time will tell, but this morning I've been getting phone calls about people wanting me to clean their car... and I hate to tell them the service is pending on the bullshit-tity of the experience I dealt with.

Last edited:

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
Hell yeah i did! Haha im kinda thankful i had a serious girlfriend back home at the time so i rarely made trips to IUP if i remember correctly that school had a higher rating for stds than penn State

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Damn that sucks man I agree with the cost of tuition they should throw the water on for free hell with the cost of tuition they should throw in a car as a graduation gift how much some colleges cost .

Sent from your moms phone

That's exactly what was said via phone call from one of my brothers. :roflmao:

KyleJ

forum member
Reaction score
If you are in a fraternity you've got access to a "hose." Get a few pledges, a few 5 gallon buckets, and one of those pipe water gun things.

Problem solved.:roflmao: That's what I would do if I was in your situation, luckily our house is off campus.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back