Detailing Questions-Answered

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
If it's really bad you can follow this procedure. This is what I'll do, essentially just different products, on bad vehicles. I'll just use Meguiars Super Degreaser and some Hyperdressing. Megiars APC+ can cause some oxidation on bare metals so keep that in mind!

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forum...ling/72337-engine-bay-cleaning-look-here.html

Otherwise, I just keep up on it and it's not bad at all. Personally, I'll wipe everything down with a damp terry cloth every other wash. Once I dry it off, I'll use Hyperdressing at 4:1 on plastics, hoses, etc via a foam applicator. Than hit the painted surfaces with a MF and some Poorboy's Spray and Wipe or your favorite QD. Here's a decent picture of my engine bay. After these photos I actually broke down and polished all of the painted surfaces that were accessible, especially the parts of the fenders that are notorious for getting bad water spotting.

3copy-1.jpg

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any advice for which products (especially sealant and wax) to use on a Mustang that is driven daily?

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Best sealant in my opinion is Blackfire Wet Diamond. It's shown in tests to out last anything out there.

It's impossible to pick a best wax. There are way too many things to consider. Price, easy application, easy removal, gloss, depth, how long it lasts, etc

Ones that go on easy and come off easy usually don't last as long.

My personal favorite is Natty's Blue.

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Any advice for which products (especially sealant and wax) to use on a Mustang that is driven daily?

I like Poorboy's EX-P. Waxes like DKS said are too many. My personal favorites are Meguiars #16, Pinnacle Souveran, Chemical Guy's Pete's 53 or 5050, etc. Here's a beading shot of #16 not that it means much..

BeadsClose.jpg

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I like Poorboy's EX-P. Waxes like DKS said are too many. My personal favorites are Meguiars #16, Pinnacle Souveran, Chemical Guy's Pete's 53 or 5050, etc. Here's a beading shot of #16 not that it means much..

BeadsClose.jpg

^^^^^^^My new desktop pic, lol That's awesome!!

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I'm a pic whore, lol I already posted this in another thread, but here's Natty's Blue on my hood this morning. . . (taken with my HTC EVO)

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

Last edited:

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
wow. I really need to order some good quality wax and a sealant. I have never used a sealant before. Any tips?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I wish I had some, lol

How do you compare the Red to the Blue Natty's? I'm thinking about getting some to try it out next.

It's your best friend when you apply it thin. It's got good looks and the durability and beading is flat out amazing. #16 doesn't look as good as Souveran or something on that level but when it lasts at least 2-3 times longer it's got it's place. If you apply it thick you're going to hate life and hate #16.

I feel Natty's Red is better than Natty's Blue. Both have about the same durability but the Natty's Red seems to have slightly better looks, a little deeper.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I havent seen this asked but what about a natural sea sponge? I hear that they work pretty well but not to sure about them.

Also what do you suggest if you dont have a buffer? I dont really have the money to go spend to buy one so is there some sort of way to do this without using a buffer

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
wow. I really need to order some good quality wax and a sealant. I have never used a sealant before. Any tips?

With a sealant, let it cure. Sealants last longer, but don't look as good, for the most part. Get you some Blackfire Wet Diamond. I can't stress how amazing it is.

Also, if you seal and wax, you seal the car first. Sealant has to bond to the clear. Most people think you seal after the wax, but that is not true. Seal, let cure for a day, seal again if you want, let cure for a day, then wax.

I havent seen this asked but what about a natural sea sponge? I hear that they work pretty well but not to sure about them.

Also what do you suggest if you dont have a buffer? I dont really have the money to go spend to buy one so is there some sort of way to do this without using a buffer

Buy one, lol A real one, not the ones at wal-mart or autozone.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
so, let me get this straight,lol. I should stip the paint down to bare clear(scrub it with simple green, clay bar it, then buff out any imperfections) then use the sealant? And then use one of those awesome waxes you guys are using?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back