Detailing Questions-Answered

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
I'm a detailing newbie, but this looks like a very informative thread to read.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Can you put wax on your car windows? I know that probably sounds like a stupid question to ask lol

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Can you put wax on your car windows? I know that probably sounds like a stupid question to ask lol

I'd seal them, or use a nano coating. Carnauba does in fact work on windows, but sometimes the wipers can skip over the wax, or get "caught" on it.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
You guys know a better wax that is can be applied by machine other than Natty's Blue. I tried it, not a fan. (for a DD)

This is post sealing.

^^^seal your windows, don't wax them. It's lasts longer, stays cleaner, spots less, water beads off it instead of sticking to it.^^^

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
You guys know a better wax that is can be applied by machine other than Natty's Blue. I tried it, not a fan. (for a DD)

This is post sealing.

^^^seal your windows, don't wax them. It's lasts longer, stays cleaner, spots less, water beads off it instead of sticking to it.^^^

Wow, I never knew about sealing windows. I just Windex them.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, I never knew about sealing windows. I just Windex them.

they water spot less, and when its raining, they have a sheeting affect.

Personally, I've applied aquartz to my windows and have driven down a highway at normal speeds during a big rain fall, and never had to really use my wipers.

Peaky85

forum member
Reaction score

This is post sealing.

You didn't like the Natty's ??? I don't really have a recommendation for you as Natty's Blue is working out well for me, look's good and last's a long time too. I did use Dodo Juice - Purple Haze and really liked the way it finishes out.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe it's all the rain we've been getting, it looks good going on, but by the second wash it's practically gone.

I put it over Zaino, that one worked well, but the finish is near perfect. Put it over Menzerna Powerlock (which I love), it's ok, but wearing after 2 wks, put it over BFWD, gone in days (granted I cannot perfect this ones paint, could have something to do with it). Tried it on a new car we have, gone in a week.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I was talking to someone today at a carshow and he was talking about I forget the name of it) 4 three 00 steel wool that is super fine that you can use on your exterior windows that will get a lot of road debris off your windows. Does anyone know anything about that?

Thanks for the info about the sealant, I never thought about that

blacllkllsi

forum member
Reaction score
I was talking to someone today at a carshow and he was talking about I forget the name of it) 4 three 00 steel wool that is super fine that you can use on your exterior windows that will get a lot of road debris off your windows. Does anyone know anything about that?

Thanks for the info about the sealant, I never thought about that
I would not use any kind of steel wool on the windows. Even though it is super fine as you described it can still scratch the surface of the glass or the window trim if you hit it. Use a clay, a polishing pad or a glass cleaning pad if you need more than just a normal glass cleaner to remove road debris. I use this http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-nu-glass.html on a white LC polishing pad or you can do it by hand. I had some hard water spots from a sprinkler on my passenger side mirror and door glass that I could not get out. I tried Megs 105 with an orange pad and nothing happened. I then tried some vinegar and they did'nt budge. The Nuglass took them right out.

bw281

forum member
Reaction score
What type of wheel cleaner would be best for my chrome wheels? I have some very small spots(brake dust I'm assuming) that is noticeable when cleaning the wheels close up.

would sonax full effects be the best for this problem? Or something else?

If the wheel cleaner takes care of my problem, should I look to pickup a wheel sealant? Or just continue to clean as I regularly wash?

Thanks.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Sonax FE might be able to get it off otherwise you'll need to step up to an acid like Meguiars Wheel Brightener or a similiar product.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Sonax FE might be able to get it off otherwise you'll need to step up to an acid like Meguiars Wheel Brightener or a similiar product.

Megs WB... ugh that shit definitely cleans a wheel, but don't get in the way of spraying it down wind lol.

bw281

forum member
Reaction score
:beer:Thanks Nastystang and Seer. It's real light specs all over the lip on my rears. Will look to order some sonax and hope for the best this week.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Seer what do you think? I was almost going to recommend bw281 to get the Meguiars Wheel Brightner over the Sonax at this point where he's got what sounds like baked on brake dust. I'm not so sure the Sonax will remove it all.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
If its caked on he is going to need an acid wheel cleaner. Megs wheel brightener is some nasty stuff. I highly recommend buying acid neutralizer and spray that on after you clean the wheels with the megs wheel brightener.

bw281

forum member
Reaction score
Ordering Sonax and hoping for the best. Thanks guys.

Does anyone know any current discount codes for:
autogeek,
detailersdomain,
detailedimage,
chemicalguys

Thanks

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Just Google and you'll find them if they have some..

If its caked on he is going to need an acid wheel cleaner. Megs wheel brightener is some nasty stuff. I highly recommend buying acid neutralizer and spray that on after you clean the wheels with the megs wheel brightener.

Yeah, I agree. I always do that after using an acid on a set of wheels. I'm doubting Sonax FE gets it off but we'll see since it seems like bw281 already made his mind up.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Ordering Sonax and hoping for the best. Thanks guys.

Does anyone know any current discount codes for:
autogeek,
detailersdomain,
detailedimage,
chemicalguys

Thanks

Just PM'd you DI's code

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back