DipYourCar.com

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Thought about trying a matte white just for one race then peeling it back off. Would be cool to try, just curious how weather and road grime would look on it. Not really looking forward to a huge pita peeling it back off either.

If it is sprayed properly, the removal shouldn't take more than about 40 minutes tops. As for weather and road grime...

joeymustang

forum member
Reaction score
Do you guys have pictures of the edges of your doors, edges of hoods, trunk lids, etc.? It seems to me like those would be places the dip could look crappy from the transition from the dip to the painted door jambs. Having a black car I'm cool with black jambs as long as the transition is even and doesn't easily peel.

With plastidip overspray is always an issue, you will get some on the door jams, but it never bothered me in the year I had it dipped. After removal, however, I took some GooGone and went to work to remove the overspray.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I called a local shop and they wanted 1200 to dip the car. LOL they must have been smoking crack. So much for that idea.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If i had a garage i could do it for 4-500, sorry not paying someone 700 in labor for a simple job.

syclone50

forum member
Reaction score
Wow that is way more than the shops in my area. I have seen prices from 500-700 depending on what you want.

You could do it outside and probably not have an issue. pick a calm day with no weather in the forcast

joeymustang

forum member
Reaction score
The shop that did my car charges $500...$1200 is nuts, that shop is definitely insane.

Got a pic of mine when it was dipped...
gallery_4_16_83875.jpg

I want to do it again for winter since I DD

Last edited:

TenSpeed

Reaction score
If i had a garage i could do it for 4-500, sorry not paying someone 700 in labor for a simple job.

Order the kit from DipYourCar.com. Find a buddy with a garage. Give him a 12 pack. Borrow the garage for an afternoon. Done.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Dang joeymustang, I love your car dipped!

Dipping my Mustang is absolutely out of the question for me. There's no way in hades that I would cover up that gorgeous grabber blue!

I do have dip on my 5.0 badges , hood vents, and wheels, and I love it! And my local Lowe's started carrying the bright colors like orange, yellow, red, blue, etc. Don't be surpised to see me rocking the blaze orange on my trim pieces in the future.

A la...

01-bojix-design-2013-mustang-sema-585x388.jpg

TenSpeed

Reaction score
^ that works well for thinly sprayed Dip.

If you spray it correctly, this is the end result when you remove it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back