Disconnecting sway bar

TungstenGT

forum member
Reaction score
Has anybody disconnect just one sides links on the front sway bar, vs removing the whole bar?
Does it work fine?
Looks like it should, jut wanted to see if anybody else has tried it...

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Removing one link does work for drag racing and there is no way it can drag on the ground. I've done this several times and it works great. Only problem is that once you disturb the stock links, they will start to clunk going over bumps, etc... as the nuts are a "one time use" and will not hold their torque after they have been disturbed.
I've recently come across this problem.

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

07 procharger

Addicted to modding
Reaction score
Removing one link does work for drag racing and there is no way it can drag on the ground. I've done this several times and it works great. Only problem is that once you disturb the stock links, they will start to clunk going over bumps, etc... as the nuts are a "one time use" and will not hold their torque after they have been disturbed.
I've recently come across this problem.

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

:tj:

I just installed strange struts and am getting a popping noise occasionally when I hit a bump to hard. You're saying it could be my sway bar end links?

I did reuse the stock hardware.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I'll be disturbing mine next week. Does using Loctite blue (or red) help this issue?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Get new nuts if you need to, use loctite. I'm currently trying to make my front suspension quiet. New "c" strut mounts, new struts, new control arms, new Moog swaybar end links, new tie rod ends. I think it's as loud or louder than with the stock 2008 parts.

What I'm getting at is I think there's something more to this... the end link fasteners in particular coming loose, I can't see it with proper torque values, loctite, clean mating surfaces and threads.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back