DIY: Climate control delete panel

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
After driving at night with my triple dash pod I have renewed interest in this - so this thread can rise from the dead. The glare is killing me! So I passed it off to some more capable hands, my friend Scott.

P5300017.jpg

We are going to fill in the places in between each circle and then paint it, should look as good as OE :beer:

Last edited:

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Much better!!!

Thanks man. I'm good at a lot of things, body work isn't one off them.

Looking nice!

Eager to see how you go about extending the wires...

Cut, splice, solder, heat shrink, repeat. That's probably the easiest part for us, I get to pull all of my wiring out of my dash which will be a pain, should have just done it this way to begin with!

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
After a little free time and some bondo he's gotten this far on it:

IMG_0798.jpg

Opinion poll from you guys, shave or leave the center power port? I don't use it all that much, and could honestly run it somewhere a little more convenient if I just had to have it down the road.

Also, I have a few extra panels laying around so if anyone would like one I can talk to Scott about knocking out a few more for some beer money :beer:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I say block it off or put a starter button. I really couldn't stand the power point there so I added a S2000 starter button.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
bravo! ingenuity at its best. now you need to get an IPAD in that radio spot

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
How did this turn out ...any finished pics !?

Actually still tinkering with it. I've had a hard time finding a paint that looks OE but doesn't make a dark spot where the filler is. I honestly haven't had time lately to mess with it but I will definitely update the thread once it's in the car!

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
sweet cant wait !!! Thanks !

Well due to you reminding me, I gave my buddy Scott a call yesterday and evidently he finally found something last week that works well. So now it's just me getting home/torn away from school work to install it that's the issue.

Can't wait for pics!

If you ever wanna get rid of that piece, lemme know!

I've got a few extra panels if you like the finished product, my friend who did it always appreciates a little pocket money :beer:

Back