DIY Walbro 405 pump and wire kit

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This do it yourself kit is for guys wanting to tackle installing one of these pumps on their own hat and to save some down time.

Kit includes:

-Fuel sytem wire upgrade kit
-New Walbro 405 pump
-Walbro filter sock
-Gates Submersible 30r10 hose
-2 steel fuel injection hose clamps
-10 gauge power and ground wires with terminals for the pump
-Ziptie

This kit has everything that I use to install one of these pump on the stock hat. I also have directions and some pics to help walk you through modifying your stock hat to fit the walbro 405 available for email.

$199, Free shipping in the cont us.

7400538690_52e1baab35_b.jpg

7400539314_66a70a6da3_b.jpg

Last edited:

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
Nice. Are you gonna do something like this for the 340 pumps?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jeremy have you done anything yet for the 2011's+?

I do a wire kit to drop amp pull and lower duty cycle which will support more power. As far as pump goes the oem pump already flows close to 400lph, if I ever get ahold of a stock coyote hat I will look into it.

Nice. Are you gonna do something like this for the 340 pumps?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Yes check out the aem 340 diy kit.

Last edited:

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
I do a wire kit to drop amp pull and lower duty cycle which will support more power. As far as pump goes the oem pump already flows close to 400lph, if I ever get ahold of a stock coyote hat I will look into it.

Got ya. Is it pretty easy? Im def going to you guys for this and the hydro dip. Probably even the maf deal if you guys are still doing it. Thanks man. You've been a great help and im glad to see you guys being success.

Last edited by a moderator:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can do the diy setup with a 340 pump if you want but I would reccomend the 405. Maf deal is staying, just sold a few hpx and flange setups last week and one this week. Thank you, feel free to ask questions as always, I dont need to sell anything to help someone out with this stuff.

Last edited:

09800RXT

Reaction score
Installed this kit on my car on Saturday. Much better than the Aeromotive 340 with stock wiring. Big thanks to Bobby and Jeremy Rushing my order!!!!!!! Thank you guys again! :)

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jeremey, are these pumps compatible with E85 if used in a returnless setup?

How do these pumps work in a return style?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Works great in both return and returnless. From walbro it was deisgned for use in a pulse modulated sytem(returnless). It has a turbine impeller similiar to the ford gt supercar pump except it has dual turbines (dual channel single stage pump). It is rated at 10,000 hours in gasoline and 8,500 hours in e85.

If your looking for big hp with e85 (over 600rwhp) you will want a return setup. Two of these 405 pumps in a Fore return setup will make 1000rwhp.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks to a recent customer who did data logging before and after the wire install and recorded a 20% drop in the fuel pump duty cycle!

stanger1944

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have any plug and play fuel pumps for a 2010 GT looking toward a Vortech V3 intercooled? Package deal with injectors. PM me what you got and price.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I've already purchased and installed the wiring upgrade. How much for just the pump and necessary hardware to install it in the hat? Exploring my options since I'm looking at going forged and bumping up the boost soon.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've already purchased and installed the wiring upgrade. How much for just the pump and necessary hardware to install it in the hat? Exploring my options since I'm looking at going forged and bumping up the boost soon.

PM sent.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score

I'm looking for the same.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back