Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Tracspec link:
http://trackspe.nextmp.net/

First step, cut big holes.

IMG_1393_zps2efay2gn.jpg

Them is some big holes!

IMG_1397_zpsonzg5509.jpg

And it turned out pretty cool (pun intended). We took the car out to Woodward and cruised around a bit. You could see the heat coming out of it.:clap:

P1010207_zps0vf3phus.jpg

P1010208_zps8ozjcx9h.jpg

P1010210_zpsqyzsmtmc.jpg

P1010211_zpsudouojxs.jpg

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
they look really good, but thats expensive for something that looks like it could be found at home depot

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
they look really good, but thats expensive for something that looks like it could be found at home depot

It's funny you say that. Vents like that are damn near impossible to get. I've looked EVERYWHERE for hood vents over the years and came up empty. Tracspec really is the only game in town.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Why no Tiger racing hood? The cost involved and all the prep work seemed a bit much I would imagine.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
A lot of corvette people are throwing the factory camaro hood vent on. Goes right on, cost about $100, and looks great. Would fit a mustang just fine too.
80-fullsizerender_19__86427e8d5bae6f112785a1380331564e59f7b408.jpg

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
You can put it anywhere you want, and it is decent sized. May look goofy though moved all the way forward, but could be an option looking for someone who wants a vent setup. Only cost $100 or so from dealer.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I like everything but the logo stamped on it. Did you just paint/powdercoat yours?

And since I clicked Irish's link... now I can't differentiate between the two lol

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i think if you paint the hardware white it will also look a lot better

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Water channeling needed?
Nah. The last car had a Tiger racing hood on it and even in torrentail downpours it wasn't an issue.

I like everything but the logo stamped on it. Did you just paint/powdercoat yours?

And since I clicked Irish's link... now I can't differentiate between the two lol

Rattle can flat white. Going to get powdercoated at some point. We wanted to make sure we were good with the white first.

Yes I do.

But IMO that doesn't suit the car at all.
I would like to see a different hood completely. But nothing is out yet and cutting up the hood doesn't break my heat. They will be a dime a dozen soon.

i think if you paint the hardware white it will also look a lot better

I agree, it's just rattle canned right now. That won't even be the permanent hardware.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back