Door sub wiring

TungstenGT

forum member
Reaction score
I recentlly replaced my stock door subs with some kicker comp 8" 4ohm subs.
However they do not seem to be working.
im wondering if maybe i wired it wrong? i followed the shelby sub upgrade install instructions, and used two wires (white and grey + white and black -)
but no dice.
Any suggestions?

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Do they not work at all or just barely any sound and muffled? I ask because the fronts are dual voice coil subs that are 1.6ohms per side. jumping up to a 4ohm single would reduce the output substantially. Here is the sub wire color out of my '12... I wired in another dual voice coil in mine and used 2ohm speakers.

2uo1.jpg

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
They are probably playing if you used the Shelby write up.

But as stated above, you basically cut the power to them from the amp down to 1/4 of what they used to get.

You will either need to get a DVC sub or just deal with the sound the way it is.

RetiredSFC 97

Reaction score
Do they not work at all or just barely any sound and muffled? I ask because the fronts are dual voice coil subs that are 1.6ohms per side. jumping up to a 4ohm single would reduce the output substantially. Here is the sub wire color out of my '12... I wired in another dual voice coil in mine and used 2ohm speakers.

2uo1.jpg

Which one did you get? How did it fit? Is there much of a drop in output?

I'm going through this upgrade now. I first installed a 6.5 component in place of the woofer and it reduced the mid bass too much for my liking, so I put the paper 8's back in. But that rattle is really getting annoying. Going to put some sound deadener in this weekend to try and get rid of the rattle. I installed JBL 6.5 components in the front and am putting in some JBL 638's in the rear. Huge, huge improvement. So I thought for now I will deal with the paper speakers if I can get rid of the door rattle.

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back