Drying Towels

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
Costco MF towels will leave fine scratches and shed fiber all over the paint surface. I use them for cleaning really dirty stuff like under the hood, door jambs, wheels, tires, etc. and toss them.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
If you want quality towels definitely get microfiber madness.

After that the rag company does have some quality. I have a few some I like others I dont. With thier prices you aren't to far away from microfiber mad though.

If you have an autolity membership you can get aome quality towels. Their ultra soft are nice and ive heard good things about their new orange towels.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Thanks to the several of you who mentioned the tips to get the MF slightly damp, and to mist the panel with QD before drying the car. That made a difference and saved me a lap on each car.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Costco MF towels will leave fine scratches and shed fiber all over the paint surface. I use them for cleaning really dirty stuff like under the hood, door jambs, wheels, tires, etc. and toss them.

Are you talking about the ones that come in like a pack of 30 for $12 - $13?

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
I was talking about the yellow ones that comes in 25 (or 30) in a pack for $16.

Scout734

...is this real life?
Reaction score
The MM Dry Me Crazy, maybe a bit pricey but well worth it in my opinion. It's amazing how much water this thing holds. I also use UWW+ as a drying aid to make sure there is no chance of any scratching.

http://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-madness-dry-me-crazy-25-x-17/

http://www.carpro-us.com/auto-wash/ultima-waterless-wash-plus-concentrate-16-oz/

Thanks! This is good to hear from someone who's used this stuff since I just ordered these along with their Reset car shampoo and Reload detailer. It's what the detailer recommended to use to maintain the CQuartz Finest clear coat he applied to my Mustang last week.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting stuff in this thread...

I have been using the old school trick of running the hose at a medium volume so the water sheets off the car. Leaving hardly any water left on the car. And then using the The Guzzler to finish the car off. This has worked really well thus far for me.

http://www.autogeek.net/guzzler-triple-kit.html

I Have been buying them when they go on 2 for the price of one sales...

That said, for days I am hurting for time I am thinking of buying a foaming system for the wash part so I can wash the car more often. Right now I use the two bucket two wash with warm water... Time consuming, but worth it.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting stuff in this thread...

I have been using the old school trick of running the hose at a medium volume so the water sheets off the car. Leaving hardly any water left on the car. And then using the The Guzzler to finish the car off. This has worked really well thus far for me.

http://www.autogeek.net/guzzler-triple-kit.html

I Have been buying them when they go on 2 for the price of one sales...

That said, for days I am hurting for time I am thinking of buying a foaming system for the wash part so I can wash the car more often. Right now I use the two bucket two wash with warm water... Time consuming, but worth it.

Sheeting is a great method to get most of the water off the car. If you also spray some quick detailer on your towel it will also help the towel absorb more.

For the foam cannon, I wouldn't rely on that as you primary means of cleaning the car. The only time I will only foam my car is if i washed it one weekend and pulled in back in the garage and it is only dust on the car. Alot of the harder stuff like road grime and bugs wont roll off. Just fyi

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Same here, I do the two bucket w/grit guards, foam cannon first, then a chenille wash mitt and shsheetingi dry with an Absorber after blowing out the cracks with my blower. To prevent marrying and scratches I use the Absorber to blot any water then follow up with a quick retailer and microfiber.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Sheeting is a great method to get most of the water off the car. If you also spray some quick detailer on your towel it will also help the towel absorb more.

For the foam cannon, I wouldn't rely on that as you primary means of cleaning the car. The only time I will only foam my car is if i washed it one weekend and pulled in back in the garage and it is only dust on the car. Alot of the harder stuff like road grime and bugs wont roll off. Just fyi

Ah, Good to know. Back to the drawing board for me on that idea then. Problem for me is our stang is a DD. I put about 100 miles on her a day. Water runoff from road or hills drive you nuts when there is a dry spell of three days or so.

And when I go a week without washing during cloudy months, it seems to be more of a detail wash than a quick "Refresh" like it is in the summer months.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Ah, Good to know. Back to the drawing board for me on that idea then. Problem for me is our stang is a DD. I put about 100 miles on her a day. Water runoff from road or hills drive you nuts when there is a dry spell of three days or so.

And when I go a week without washing during cloudy months, it seems to be more of a detail wash than a quick "Refresh" like it is in the summer months.

I gotcha. I would look into a coating or at least SPNS for your LSP. They will still show dirt and what not but they will wash off much easier making it less work to wash.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back