Duke Nukem Forever- who else is pumped

shad2009

forum member
Reaction score
i can't wait to get this game...i loved playing it back in the day when kids could play a violent game and not imitate what they are playing...been waiting for a new one for years...cant wait

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Don't expect something AMAZING, it's just good ol' Duke Nukem fun, nothing more... nothing less!

Diabolical!

Zapp Rowsdower
Reaction score
Been reading some awful reviews. I'll wait for steam to release Half-Life 3. Was really hoping they would announce it at E3.

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
news media is having a field day....saying some chick gets raped in the game.

Im guessing Duke saves her?? lol

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Nah, if it's the scene I'm thinking of there are a number of (topless) women that have been 'captured' by the aliens and are pretty much dead. They are scattered around a cave complex I think it is, with their lower half engulfed by the alien entity, which I believe is impregnating them, and they sway about moaning and pleading to be rescued. I didn't like to see the women in such misery, so for that reason, combined with the fact that they could no longer get to the kitchen to make me a sammich, I shot them.

Last edited:

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
rofl-1.gif

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Yeah the reviews have been HORRIBLE for this game... I still have my PC version from back in the day. I'm torn on what to do. I LOVE duke!!! I'm just afraid this will ruin my perfect image of him and the originals.
:chainsaw:

I may just wait a month or two and pick up a used copy. That way if it sucks I won't be out $50-60.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
my quick review from the XBOX 360 version

Cons- Graphics are dated, controls a little on the sluggish side, load times a little long.

Pros - Its old school FPS fun, finding keys and other misc. stuff to get where you have to go, big guns, gore, tits and ass, swearing body parts flying everywhere.

as a game going against todays top FPS I wont lie, it lags behind, but from a fun factor im having the most fun i have had in a long time! I love COD, play the mp a ton, but the campaigns are never that fun/epic. So far bout 4.5 hours into Duke Nukem Forever its bringing me back to old school FPS levels of fun. wondering whats going to happen next, what big ass enemies can i blow up with a rocket launcher. Basically this game to me is th equivalent of a popcorn flick. turn your brain off, dont expect a mind blowing genre defining game, but to blow lots of shit up and just have fun

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
IGN Duke Nukem Forever Video Review

I have to say, it's a very accurate review. I got bored of it very quickly.

That worries me.....

my quick review from the XBOX 360 version

Cons- Graphics are dated, controls a little on the sluggish side, load times a little long.

Pros - Its old school FPS fun, finding keys and other misc. stuff to get where you have to go, big guns, gore, tits and ass, swearing body parts flying everywhere.

as a game going against todays top FPS I wont lie, it lags behind, but from a fun factor im having the most fun i have had in a long time! I love COD, play the mp a ton, but the campaigns are never that fun/epic. So far bout 4.5 hours into Duke Nukem Forever its bringing me back to old school FPS levels of fun. wondering whats going to happen next, what big ass enemies can i blow up with a rocket launcher. Basically this game to me is th equivalent of a popcorn flick. turn your brain off, dont expect a mind blowing genre defining game, but to blow lots of shit up and just have fun

That makes me happy!

Dammit!!! haha what to do ...what to do....

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I was getting nervous reading the reviews too. To me the game plays like Halo with a bad ass attitude and tits and ass hahaha. To me the game is fun, but comparing it to say Black Ops or Battlefield on a game to game comparison It would be hard for anyone to say Duke is a "better" game. HOWEVER, I will say so far I am enjoying Duke (campaign) waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more then Black Ops or MW2 campaign.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back