Dumbest Thing You've Done in Your Car

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Holy crap Tiger... is this recent? Thats a huge OUCH!

I think this was right up there on Top of,

{The Dumbest Thing} LIST !!!

:omfg: Sitting ass halfway in drivers seat and thought I could Barely move Mustang forward with {Right-Foot} on Clutch. :omfg:

Look at the Right Leg on Steel Cart right in Front of Mustang.

BullittMashedJuly20101.jpg

BullittMashedJuly20102.jpg

080210054.jpg

080210055.jpg

BullittMashedJuly20109.jpg

BullittMashedJuly20104.jpg

BullittMashedJuly20103.jpg

tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Holy crap Tiger... is this recent? Thats a huge OUCH!
This year but not recent an in it did not just happen.
That is how I ended up doing this.

The Parts List below did not include the Cost of a New Aluminum Hood. -:(

0802100762.jpg

NissanofRivergateBullittInvoice2.jpg

NissanofRivergateBullittInvoice1.jpg

080210157.jpg

0802101582.jpg

0802101562.jpg

0802101602.jpg

080210159.jpg

Leaving Body Shop

080210163.jpg

080210161.jpg

0802101622.jpg

A costly screw-up for sure but a New- GT/CS Look in the end.

tigerhonaker

Last edited:

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Well it obviously sucks that it happened (and cost so friggin much) but at least in the end it helped you to upgrade... :clap:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well it obviously sucks that it happened (and cost so friggin much) but at least in the end it helped you to upgrade... :clap:
Well I have always really liked the GT/CS so this did get me there.
But was expensive for sure.
You can bet I have Never Ever not sat my ass all the way in the drivers seat after that "Screw-Up" !!!

LOL,
tigerhonaker

slow06stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1st was getting a C and I street racing he said he clocked us at 68 in a 40 but we were both at the top end of 3rd, so I would imagine we were doing more around 100. But I was good with the 68.

2nd was racing a pro-charged terminator, I hit 2nd as we were going around a slight turn, I stayed in it and rode it out sideways. I beat him by a little less than a car length. That 2nd gear is going to be the death of me. I have a lot of second gear stories.

3rd would be the C and I that I received for playing tug of war with another vehicle and causing damage to another vehicle I believe is what the ticket says. I pulled a lifted K-5 blazer with my old Sport Trac kind of up and over a Crown Vic. Well the tires went up the back and rolled down the side to the front bumper. The lady at the defensive driving class said, she was impressed that I received a ticket for something she had never heard of.

I also caught the rear rotors on fire doing a New Years burn out w/o a line loc,

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All the stupid stuff I did in cars was back when I was still in school. Glad I got that crap out of my system before I owned a car with over 400 horsepower.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Tried to teach my wife how to drive a manual transmission car.......................enough said.

StangBang

Roushcharged
Reaction score
1st

Driving home from the lake after a nice Labor Day weekend with the girlfriend. Traffic was pretty heavy and I just had the supercharger put on so I was having fun passing people. After passing plenty of people doing a drop from 5th to 4th or 4th to 3rd ( I was cruising a little over 75 so 2nd was out of question) I decided to pass a semi. I was a little hasty because I probably shouldn't of been passing in the first place (traffic was thick and it was a 2 lane road) I decided to drop it down to 4th just to cruise past. Well instead of hitting 4th I hit 2nd and smoke started pouring from the rear tires and the car slowed down drastically clunking along the way. I quickly come back and put it in 3rd and passed in time. I'm still surprised nothing broke after that one...

2nd

Had the car for about 3 months and was trying to show off to some buddies. It was winter and sand had already been laid down. Not thinking and not being use to the power in a turn I decided to take a right and drop down into second and hammer it (my buddy took the turn pretty fast too so I followed) and I proceed to swing the ass end clear out, tried to correct it but spun all the way around and smashed into a curb. Ended up bending my rear axle.

JohnnyGMachine

JohnnyGMachine
Reaction score
I haven't had the new wheels and tires on the car for very long maybe 2 weeks right before this particular incident. One of the things I was wondering about the much wider tires is that I wouldn't be able to kick the rear end out easily when I wanted to play with the car a little in "Over steer Mode". So my daughter (who's 11 and a big car nut already) and I are taking a short trip to the store. I'm at the red light and no traffic coming or around in any way I decide to nail it and put her around the corner nice and smooth. Well up here in PA it's cold in the morning....cold tires+cold street=not good for hoonigans! I nailed it out in first and as we went up the four lane the 315s out back spun right up and the car came around much quicker than usual to a little over 180 degree spin. let off the gas, concentrated on steering and let it power down. Car stopped in the middle of the road and fortunately and I was able to maneuver it away from the center median. I didn't look cool at all. I put it back in first as I look over at my daughter who's laughing her ass off and I said calmly "That's what NOT to do. I just wanted to show you that so you understand what expect you NOT to do when you get your license..." She replied "..Yeah right, don't worry dad I just wouldn't mess it up like you did LOL!" Smart kid. I had no reply. Needless to say the GT can still put the rear out with no issues.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
When I was 17, it was the first time I ever got a BJ in a car while driving. When "The Moment" arrived, I quickly pulled over and bounced my car off the guardrail when I got all fuzzy headed.

Some guy stops to see if we are OK and there I am, all whacked out with the orgasm fairy dancing circles around my head while my future wife has to explain to the guy that I've got a "cold headache" from the chocolate shakes we have in the car. I couldn't understand why the guy was walking to keep up with the window until my future wife yanked up the parking brake.

The guy turns around to leave saying, "That's the first time I've ever seen someone with that big of a smile on their face with a cold headache."

Did over $3000 damage to the car. That was the first inclination I had that sex with women will cost you, no matter what the circumstances may be.

cgibs89

Stickers add HP brah
Reaction score
When I was 17, it was the first time I ever got a BJ in a car while driving. When "The Moment" arrived, I quickly pulled over and bounced my car off the guardrail when I got all fuzzy headed.

Some guy stops to see if we are OK and there I am, all whacked out with the orgasm fairy dancing circles around my head while my future wife has to explain to the guy that I've got a "cold headache" from the chocolate shakes we have in the car. I couldn't understand why the guy was walking to keep up with the window until my future wife yanked up the parking brake.

The guy turns around to leave saying, "That's the first time I've ever seen someone with that big of a smile on their face with a cold headache."

Did over $3000 damage to the car. That was the first inclination I had that sex with women will cost you, no matter what the circumstances may be.

:roflmao:

So far my worst has been with my new GT/CS. I was pulling onto the freeway and decided to do some spirited shifting. I wasn't going full on WOT or banging the limiter, so I was hanging in 4th for a little and when I went to shift into 5th, I shifted into 3rd. I heard the tires screech as I obviously didn't have enough RPM but luckily it only brought the engine up to about 6500 so no mechanical over-rev for me. Definitely puckered my cornhole on that one.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doing donuts on a snow day in the EMPTY high school parking lot. I decide to "drift" a turn and I spin out and decide to keep it going as a donut and when I come to a stop there HE is Mr. Officer facin me head on with lights on. Since it's Texas and we don't see snow ever he rolls his window down and points at me and gives me that little finger mover like come here. (he doesn't want to get out in the snow) So I walk over an he says that stuff is cool and all but I need to go to a probate parking lot and not a public school one. So we went across the street and did it in the Target parking lot. Lol.

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Mine would be a few weeks after I started driving. When I was 15 my dad smashed up his 1983 mustang gt that he bought brand new in 83 (A GT was 13k back then!). Once he smashed it up, I bought an 86 4 cylinder and started swapping over the engine tranny and rear end. A 86 LX was a heck of alot cheaper than a gt on insurance!

Anyways I was going along a highway and got stuck behind this odd looking truck Ive never seen before. Going very slow so I was right behind him and peeking off the side looking for a chance to pass. Was alot of traffic so I was following him for a few miles. Got near a stop sign and started to slow down and it was handling very funny, almost like I was on ice (this was in middle of summer). We stop at the stop sign and the truck driver jumps out and I could tell he was pissed. Turns out it was the truck that repaints the highway divider lines and I was running right over it for a few miles. Driver side front and rear tires tread was completely caked, hence the slippery feeling, and it was ALL over the side of the car. Took me weeks to clean out the tread and try to get that off the side of the car.

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Another thing was when I rebuilt my dads motor to put into my car, I swapped a few parts. I took off my 600 holley carburator and swapped it with the 650 that was on my dads truck with a 351HO. No problems, so then I also ordered a 351 camshaft and put it in. Install went well and started cranking it over, wouldnt even fire. Checked everything over 100 times and couldnt figure it out. I was 16 and just really started with cars so I was stumped. About a week later about 2am in the morning I was laying in bed pissed off when all of a sudden I realized the camshaft determines the firing order. Look it up and sure enough its different for a 351. Swapped some plug wires around and it fired right up, never seen a happier kid!

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
A long time ago in a galaxy far away, I was late for work and driving on a 2-lane road. It was around 7am and very foggy. There was a car going the speed limit (55mph) which I felt was too slow (again, long time ago...) so I decided to pass. I think I was in my '88 Mustang GT at the time. Well, I got passed that car but there was another one right in front of him, so decided to pass that one too. Suddenly there were headlights coming right at me (couldn't see them until they were close because of the thick fog) so I nailed the brakes and hit the left (oncoming traffic's) shoulder since it was the only place I could go.

Well, of course, the car that was coming toward me in the other lane was a friendly policeman, who of course immediately put his lights on, so I just pulled over because I knew how stupid I was. He chewed me out of course, and I fully admit I deserved it. He have me a passing on the shoulder ticket, which was wayyyyy nice of him.

Man, how did I make it to 34?

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Run a 17 year old kid in a new 2SS camaro up to 150 mph (my speedO was buried for a good 5 seconds), in the middle of the day on a main 4 lane hwy. Man how stupid are we sometimes????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyways I was going along a highway and got stuck behind this odd looking truck Ive never seen before. Going very slow so I was right behind him and peeking off the side looking for a chance to pass. Was alot of traffic so I was following him for a few miles. Got near a stop sign and started to slow down and it was handling very funny, almost like I was on ice (this was in middle of summer). We stop at the stop sign and the truck driver jumps out and I could tell he was pissed. Turns out it was the truck that repaints the highway divider lines and I was running right over it for a few miles. Driver side front and rear tires tread was completely caked, hence the slippery feeling, and it was ALL over the side of the car. Took me weeks to clean out the tread and try to get that off the side of the car.

I LOL'd. :laughlots:

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
A long time ago in a galaxy far away, I was late for work and driving on a 2-lane road. It was around 7am and very foggy. There was a car going the speed limit (55mph) which I felt was too slow (again, long time ago...) so I decided to pass. I think I was in my '88 Mustang GT at the time. Well, I got passed that car but there was another one right in front of him, so decided to pass that one too. Suddenly there were headlights coming right at me (couldn't see them until they were close because of the thick fog) so I nailed the brakes and hit the left (oncoming traffic's) shoulder since it was the only place I could go.

Well, of course, the car that was coming toward me in the other lane was a friendly policeman, who of course immediately put his lights on, so I just pulled over because I knew how stupid I was. He chewed me out of course, and I fully admit I deserved it. He have me a passing on the shoulder ticket, which was wayyyyy nice of him.

Man, how did I make it to 34?

That reminds me of a similar incident I had! There were 3 of us in a 2 lane highway cruising along. I was in the middle of the 3. 1st car was going a bit slow so I decided to pass, when I was right beside him when a guy turned right out of his driveway so I had to slam the brakes and squeeze back in between the 2 cars. After the truck passed I floored it past the 1st car and got back into my lane. I check my rear view and the car behind me followed me, and was right on my ass. Notice he has a very dark windshield, then the undercover lights come on, dammmmmmit! He nailed me for 120 in an 80 (kms/hour), following too close (when I had to merge back inbetween) and cutting him off (also when I merged back in). Was like $600+ in tickets and I knew my insurance was gonna skyrocket.

Took it to court and explained to the judge what happened and had all charges dropped, best $250 Ive ever spent!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back