Dusk photo shoot in CO, what do you guys think?

28ONE

Reaction score
Nice pics, lower that bad boy! I was actually suppose to go visit the Garden of the Gods when I was in Denver visiting for Giants vs Rocikies. I'm willing to bet there are some nice areas to take some shots!

arabbit

12 inch member
Reaction score
yeah there are lots around here...the trick is getting to them without going through salt, mud, dirt, snow, ice, etc...in fact, before two days ago, my Mustang sat in my driveway for 4 weeks because the mud is so deep at my place that if I drove it down to the road, it wouldve sunk down to its chin spoiler and got stuck. That's why I wont lower it until I move (hopefully by the end of this year)

28ONE

Reaction score
We're spoiled here in Californa, I can't imagine not being able to drive my car the winter. That's gotta suck having to deal with the elements...

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
haha go for it! On the pics or on the car?

Well it's your car, so that's up to you. It has a few too many things going on in my opinion. I like chocolate milk, and pepperoni pizza, just not together. Know what I mean? Lol.

I was just noticing your pics could be so much better. The locations are nice, and I think you did good trying to capture your scene and car together, but the sky, wheels, and paint are all needing different levels of exposure to show up. For a single shot, I think you did good but used some sort of spotmetering to expose most of the shot. Your composition is close, but needs a little better cropping and positioning to eliminate or minimize distractions. Less tilt, if it's offset on purpose that's ok. The sky is blown out and the wheels are too dark. A good way to go about fixing these is either crop in the scene with minimal sky, or use the sky to open up the pics but shoot it separate exposure, the car in another, and the wheels in another, merge the 3 together.

I have the same problem with my car, but more exaggerated. Mine is silver, and my wheels gloss black. It's a white balance nightmare. Every pic of my car you can see the wheels, sky, and car in the same shot is more than likely a merging of 3+ photos. :)

Hope that helps.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
We're spoiled here in Californa, I can't imagine not being able to drive my car the winter. That's gotta suck having to deal with the elements...

Texas too :) we don't have "summer tires" we just call them tires around these parts.

28ONE

Reaction score
Texas too :) we don't have "summer tires" we just call them tires around these parts.

LOL, you have a really clean looking car there buddy!

Only complaint I have about California is emissions. I can only wish about running long tube headers & o/r h pipe. At least legally and not having to worry about getting a smog check every other year!

arabbit

12 inch member
Reaction score
yeah I actually came from California, and while the weather was nice, I will never go back! I dont like how things are run there, and my exhaust would be so illegal, it would suck. Any state that can ban modifications on cars can kiss my ass. But still, dealing with the snow also is the bane of my life.

And as for the car, yeah it is a little bit on the busy side, thats why I decided to stop there, no black wing, no black roof, no decals, etc., I just wanted the red and black theme fully flushed out, and the hood wouldve stayed red with a black scoop, except I got a great deal on that vented carbon fiber hood thats on there now, and I love it! Ill never go back.

As for the pictures, youre totally right! Now in these pics, a huge part of the problem was that I was doing it at dusk, and if I angled too high, the car would get lost in the dark, and if I was too low, the foglights would wash out the picture, and if I turned the lights off, it was too dark to see much. It was a horrible time of day for pics, I just wanted to get some in because I added the final body stuff over a month ago, and it was supposed to snow again the next day, I just wanted something. Lucky for me it actually is supposed to be sunny for the next week, maybe I'll get some more in. Thanks for the advice, reading it actually made alot of sense, I'm going to keep those in mind during my next set of pics for sure.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Without doing a complete hijack, this is another shot from inside the park.

DSC00291.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back