Dyno Numbers

toslow4u

Reaction score
Guys new to the site and wondering what you guys think my car should be doing on the dyno.

Car is at the dyno shop right now, we are 3500 ft altitude. mustang dyno too

Car has FRPP Cams and intake manifold, k&n intake, steeda udp, jba long tubes, o/r h and full 3", tci 3200 stall, 3.90's. 91 octane

I am seeing numbers all over the place on the interwebs.

seeing 301.7rwhp right now.

07 Boss

Reaction score
lol, I don't think anyone cares. Dyno numbers are for bench racing on facebook.

toslow4u

Reaction score
dyno numbers dont matter, i am well aware of this. i am aware that the same mods on different cars will result in different numbers and there are a ton of different variables in play. I am looking to see where other people with knowledge are at as far as numbers to see if we are on the right track or not.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
With all those mods(Cams NOS, Intake), I would think your missing 2 coils. Hang in, I think your going to get the answers you seek, you will need some thick skin first though.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
dherbert1_zpsseupdghw.jpg

toslow4u

Reaction score
i have thick skin haha... i knew there was going to be some flaming. those numbers are n/a. waiting to finish tune up that tune before we go to the bottle.

toslow4u

Reaction score
This section is for the discussion of technical related topics, i.e. installing parts, upgrading parts, diagnosing trouble, etc. actual physical wrenching or trouble shooting by you.

upgrading a car, tuning a car and potentially trouble shooting issues.... how isnt that tech?

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This section is for the discussion of technical related topics, i.e. installing parts, upgrading parts, diagnosing trouble, etc. actual physical wrenching or trouble shooting by you.

upgrading a car, tuning a car and potentially trouble shooting issues.... how isnt that tech?

How did you upgrade the car? What are you trouble shooting? What wrenches are you turning? You're not posting about any of those things. You're asking people's opinions on what your dyno numbers should be. Definitely not tech.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Because you're asking for opinions on what we think your car will make on a Dyno.

The issue is two-fold. One, our opinions on what we think your car will make on a Dyno is not tech. Two, results are what matters to the hardcore racer guys whom you are wanting these estimates from. All they want to see is your track results. As you stated, Dyno numbers don't really matter, and in here, to an extent, they don't. What you do with that power, how well it's translated to the pavement and what you, personally, can do with that power is what will get noticed here.

I'm not a racer, therefore, I don't engage in these things, just what I've noticed since being here.

toslow4u

Reaction score
i used a 10mm wrench to put the headers on.... having issues potentially with the tune... need help guys

i would have track times if it would stop raining... going to the track next weekend and trying to figure out this tune

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

because that's how this board works... dyno talk is not tech, you even failed to use "?" to make it a proper question.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Guys new to the site and wondering what you guys think my car should be doing on the dyno.

Pushups.

At least you didn't throw it in tekkkk. Oh wait...

300ish doesn't sound that bad without spray. Is that corrected or not?

Back