Dyno results from my 4 banger

Reaction score
Well, I needed a fun econo car for getting to and from work. The car has down pipe, intake and cat back exh. Cobb tuner and E30 tune. I still get 30+ mpg when I keep my foot out of it.

I know a lot of you guys are saying why would anyone want one, well my 2010 GT had a 326 inch NA motor that made 440 whp, but got half the mileage this one is getting. In time as people get these little motors figure out, they make every bit as much as my 2010 GT did.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Torque curve will put away the posers.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Nice numbers indeed but still a small engine in a big car. Turn the a/c and the engine struggles. Maybe not exactly the case with Exoboosts but turbo 4cyl are easy to make good power but just something about them makes them awful at the same time. I used to be a WRX/EVO fanboy but ever since going bigger displacement and cylinders I never wanna go back.

Reaction score
Well considering my 2010 GT made 381 whp and 326 ft lbs on the same dyno with ported big valve heads, comp cams, Ford racing intake and throttle body, Kooks long tubes, full catless exh. CAI, and a custom tune. (before I added the stroker bottom end) I think ford has come a long way in a short time. I don't even have in this car what I had in just the heads on my GT
I hear you on the V8, no match for the sound one makes....

Last edited:

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Nice numbers! I actually drove one of these over the weekend. Be hard to sell my 11 GT, but been considering it.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Well considering my 2010 GT made 381 whp and 326 ft lbs on the same dyno with ported big valve heads, comp cams, Ford racing intake and throttle body, Kooks long tubes, full catless exh. CAI, and a custom tune. I think ford has come a long way in a short time. I don't even have in this car what I had in just the heads on my GT
I hear you on the V8, no match for the sound one makes....

I kind of want to purchase one of these motors to put into a lighter chassis....

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
Nice numbers! I can't wait to pick one up in a few years as a daily... From my limited research it's the only car that knocks down 30mpg and has (at least potential to have) 10lbs/hp power to weight ratio... and handles good. Even the miata and the toybaru twins don't come close to those numbers combined.

Oh and dat tork... :)

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
363 hp & 392 ft-lb at the wheels is like 425ish hp & 460ish ft-lb. That is very respectable, especially for just 138 cubic inches.

mitch

HPDE Instructor
Reaction score
About a week ago, my buddy and I went to the track just to spectate,
A young lady was there with a 2015 Ecoboost with Auto trans. Totally impressed. She ran 12.70 all night long.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
About a week ago, my buddy and I went to the track just to spectate,
A young lady was there with a 2015 Ecoboost with Auto trans. Totally impressed. She ran 12.70 all night long.

Shiiiiiiitttt!!!! My '05 GT never even got close to a 12.9.

Reaction score
I kinda regret not getting a automatic now, they are so much easier to get off the line at the drags. I just couldn't buy a four banger and have an automatic in a Mustang. I have the manual and with the torque coming in so early, it is hard to get a good 60ft without either bogging or spinning on the stock tires. My 60 foots are all over the place in this car, 1.9's to almost 2.2's.

Last edited:

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
Bg racing he has the fastest eco boost car in the country. He deals alot with the lightnings

62914479a022216bbd026c47600f0072.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back