dyno #'s

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
Rather embarrassing numbers today.429/401 corrected. I know it is my tune. But I am only getting 7 lbs of boost from a 3.5 pulley. Do I change the pulley or what? Never been so disappointed in my life. Put so much work into a car and the numbera come out like that.

(Drunken rant)

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
oh, that is way different then the 480 you had? where those numbers corrected too? can uncorrected numbers and corrected numbers vary that much?

with your mods, i would have expected better too though

joebazan

forum member
Reaction score
Something don't sound right, I have similar mods on a 05 GT but only 5psi and I'm at 417whp. And your s/c is a lot better than mine

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
Well I was going off one dyno pull and my perforce gauge calculators. Little disappointed to say the least. Really rich tune, maybe there is more hp to be had. Who knows.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
^^^^ you and i do have LTs but i'm not sure how much differnce it makes

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Rather embarrassing numbers today.429/401 corrected. I know it is my tune. But I am only getting 7 lbs of boost from a 3.5 pulley. Do I change the pulley or what? Never been so disappointed in my life. Put so much work into a car and the numbera come out like that.

(Drunken rant)

That's not too bad for 7 psi. What was the humidity? IIRC you were going to go on a loaded dynojet right?

BTW they are only numbers for tuning, don't put too much into them.

Edit: Just looked up my Whipple numbers at around 9 psi and the Whipple tune. 436/432 on a stock motor with shorties. I'd say your numbers are probably normal and you found an honest dyno. Now you have a good baseline to work from.

Last edited:

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah at around 7 psi...but with cams should be a bit better I thought more like 475 or so. Since that is what most people with similar set-ups run.

The humidity was 40% and the temp was 88.8.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah man I was happy for you but then when I saw mine I was just pissed in comparison. my tune was like at 11.3 WOT AFR which is super rich.

but remember, mine wasn't corrected and i do have the edelbrock comp air kit too, so i bet i'm not really far off from where you are.

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
I have the comp air kit too...and my correction factor was .1...which isn't anything. My un-corrected was like 436 or something like that. I don't know what else to be done. Everyone is making big power with this set-up except for me apparently.

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
11.3 AFR isn't that rich, it can be leaned out, but at what expense? What fuel system do you have? Maybe the tuner was doing that to save your engine. Did you ask him questions after the dyno tune? Do you have a graph to post? Dynos are a tool to make your car faster, not to be a replacement for the 1320.

GT33

forum member
Reaction score
I made 450 on 7lbs with a turbo. So with the blower its doesn't to far off.

101fng

forum member
Reaction score
have you taken it to the track yet to get a comparison there?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Also, was your car cool when they did the pull or was your intercooler fluid heated up and causing high IAT's? When I first had my car tuned the air temps were somewhere between 95-100 in the shop and my engine was hot as heck and I only made 461rwhp and 481rwtq on almost 15psi of boost. My timing got pulled all the way down to 9 degrees due to the high IAT's. Since then I've added a large intercooler reservoir in my trunk and had the car re-tuned by Lito. I don't know how much power I'm making, but on one of my race fuel tunes I've got 10.94 and I know it's got more in it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back