E85

utm18

forum member
Reaction score
What's the pros and cons? Im thinking of going to it. What gains should I see? Other than bigger injectors and other hardware needed? Current set up is basic, lethal off road H, no resonators and a tune.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lost fuel economy for around 10rwhp gain on an na car but no need to worry about detonation during hot months or at the track as long as the tune isn't too aggressive.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd never use it just because of the lack of distribution infrastructure. I don't think there's one E85 station anywhere near me.

QuickShift281

forum member
Reaction score
Pros: Burns cooler, contains higher octane, lowers risk of detonation you can be more aggressive with a boosted application.

Cons: Not all stations carry E-85, the fuel must be tested if bought from a pump to ensure that it is 85% or better (running lower than E-85 can cause major damage), Requires ~33% more fuel and fuel system (Injectors, Pumps, Lines).

For a N/A application, imho its really not worth it. However down the road on a boosted application, the gains and safety aspect are phenomenal.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cons: Not all stations carry E-85, the fuel must be tested if bought from a pump to ensure that it is 85% or better (running lower than E-85 can cause major damage)

A lot of guys run on E70 with their E85 tune. I think I read I read you would need to drop to E60 or less to be an issue octane wise. Depending on the tune, running richer on the plugs would probably be a bigger issue.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Definitely jealous of those who have access to it. Some of us are stuck with marginal quality 91 pump and that's it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back