Easter Weekend Win

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Took NastyGt out for our Easter weekend races. I had some new parts on the car and was excited to see how they effected my racing. First up was a raptor dual stage shiftlight. I dont need the shiftlight part as I have an auto but the launch light is what I need. Now I can easily bring up my rpms to 1500 exactly without looking at the dash and focusing my mind on the tree lights and being ready for that Pro Light that has kicked my ass for too long. LOL First run down the track I was able to cut a .54 My best RT against the pro tree ever.

Was able to qualify in the number one position and run my number all night long. I run the 12.90 Pro Street class so I have to slow my 12.2 car down to hit the number. Brenspeed has written me several tunes to do this, hats off to them as they get it right every time for me.

I cant figure out how to embed so my apoligies for the lack of skillz but here is a video of my round 1 bye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC_CiErbyaQ

Ran my new tires Nitto 555r 305/40/18 drag radials. These are my daily drivers now and man was it nice to not have to swap tires at the track, especially at midnight when my race was over. Tires worked great too.

Got a runner up and a win so far this year for our first two races. A great start to the 2014 season.

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good job. Drag racing in Hawaii. That has to be pretty awesome I would think.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Good job. Drag racing in Hawaii. That has to be pretty awesome I would think.

Oh yes it is. There is a long history of racing on Maui. Our track was a WWII airfield back in the day. They have been racing there since the early 60s. We only race one weekend a month but thats good enough IMO.....plenty of time to get your car ready and not wear out parts too much. The competition is very tough. In my 40s I am one considered a younger dude too. LOL

Thanks Brian....the pro tree is a challenge no doubt but I like it now........and your shifter is still going strong!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the win!

I didn't have that luck this weekend :thud:

That's why winning feels so good....it's hard to do it and luck helps! There are so many things that can go wrong and send you home.

In the semi finals I was up against a guy who has kicked my ass every race since July 2011 when I beat him at the HI State Championships. I ran 12.9033 and beat him by .01. He beat me last month by finishing first, there was no way I was gonna let that happen again....so after both of us were letting off and bumper racing near the finish line I punched it hard to pull ahead by .01. Neither of our cars is tuned exactly to the 12.90 bracket ....you just gotta feel it. That win had me fist pumping out the window I was so excited.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back