EATON ON 2011 will it work

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
since the new 5.0 has 4v heads like the 03-04 cobra will the supercharger as a whole unit work on this motor ?????

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
the degree angle of the block is diff to I bet . I can't belive they would change the heads that much thats a lot of r&d money in to this when the old 4v flow so good

dsblk93gt

Reaction score
There is nothing but bore spacing thats the same like said above. This engine is totally different.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
moved to 2011 section :hi:

Last edited:

Liquid

Reaction score
Even if it did work, there are a lot better options than the factory Eaton.

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
still the eaton ported is cheaper and would add enough hp too equal a 100 or 200 shot to bad it wont work

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
With blower sytems costing 6k plus it might be worth your while if you had parts readily available. Since the basic arcitecture of the motors are similar there is no reason a set of adapter plates can't be made. I wouldn't ever say it couldn't be done until the manifold is laid over the heads. Hell I was told I could never get a M122 Gt500 blower to work on a 4.0 v6 but I have been running that combo for two years. If you have access to a motor and a manifold it would be worth a look. Anything can be done but unless you can do the fabrication yourself it can get very expensive.

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
93449e3c2052326f.jpg

I case someone calls BS here is my setup.

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
^ that is badass... I just think that there would be way to much work to make a lower manifold work, or else it would have been done by now.. just my thoughts...

PBstallis

forum member
Reaction score
popeye how much power are u making with that? sorry to go off subject

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
When I initially did the dyno tune it was on the Powerhouse dyno which is notoriously low, but corected numbers were at 300 hp and 345 tq. But a shorter belt produced 3 more lbs of boost so I really don't know the current numbers. In full street trim with 19" tires full body kit and a watts link it turned a best of a 13.2 at 105, as a reference Mike from Powerhouse in a bone stock 5.0 ran a best of 12.9 that same muggy day. I ran a full bolt on GT that day with gears,slicks and skinnies and we were virtually a dead heat. The car is very heavy but it makes great tourque down low and is a blast on the street, But back to the OP, just because some one says it can't be done,, well don't let that stop you.

Reaction score
When I initially did the dyno tune it was on the Powerhouse dyno which is notoriously low, but corected numbers were at 300 hp and 345 tq. But a shorter belt produced 3 more lbs of boost so I really don't know the current numbers. In full street trim with 19" tires full body kit and a watts link it turned a best of a 13.2 at 105, as a reference Mike from Powerhouse in a bone stock 5.0 ran a best of 12.9 that same muggy day. I ran a full bolt on GT that day with gears,slicks and skinnies and we were virtually a dead heat. The car is very heavy but it makes great tourque down low and is a blast on the street, But back to the OP, just because some one says it can't be done,, well don't let that stop you.

Unless it defies the laws of physics it cannot be done. But when it defies the laws of sensibility is when i say it cannot be done.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back