EB Goes 11.777 @ 117mph

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Gotcha, wonder what IAT's are? Looks like there's some room for improvement for sure.

They're running a A2W with a ice chest. Probably pretty darn good. But better is better. Especially when better can come from simply not sucking hot air up.

I've seen data from some of those 275x cars making 2500+ on 30-36psi with IAT's in the 55-60deg range. With ice and a drag car that is what I would be shooting for.:thumb2:

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Certainly ice water will get it done! What's interesting is Livernois is only 1/10 slower and something like 1 mph slower, seemingly with a lot less mods. IDK

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Certainly ice water will get it done! What's interesting is Livernois is only 1/10 slower and something like 1 mph slower, seemingly with a lot less mods. IDK

I think Livernois ran their car when it was something like 35deg out. Was their car a stick? That would be a huge advantage in this situation.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I think Livernois ran their car when it was something like 35deg out. Was their car a stick? That would be a huge advantage in this situation.

Took a little digging to find out but I watched a video and it's an auto. I could see the dash with the PARK, DRIVE, etc. That being said I'm still impressed with Livernois. Seems like they are doing it on mostly stock stuff except tires and some weight reduction. Although I know they have a build in progress.

With my bench-racing math even at 32 degrees with an average of 1% HP gain per 10 degree drop should only net a 4.8% increase in HP in NA trim assuming the Florida run was around 80 degrees. I'm sure with a turbo car the gain will be slightly higher. Meanwhile the JPC car seems to have a lot more done to it. IDK.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

It was a hero run done on race gas and a tune that will not be released to the public.

But....to only be .1 behind this one being commented on with a lot less parts and work is impressive.

REDS197

Reaction score
Lots of power left. The direct Injection is holding them back.

"Kevin Macdonald the calibrator at JPC tuned the final combo, which put down 353 horsepower at the rear wheels on 26 pounds of boost. The only limit on the power at the moment is the factory direct injection setup, but they are working one ways to feed more fuel to the turbo 2.3 to create lots more power."

claudermilk

Reaction score
I thought the fuel pumps were an issue, too. I know the Focus ST (and by extension Fusion EB) crowd is struggling with that.

Anthony

Reaction score
It was a hero run done on race gas and a tune that will not be released to the public.

But....to only be .1 behind this one being commented on with a lot less parts and work is impressive.

Ms109 fuel unleaded
Driven to the track 45min/40 miles
Passenger seat removed
Cat back unhooked.
Livernois tune.
Automatic car
Foot brake
Hoosier quick times

That's WAY more impressive.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get out of here livernois cheerleader...fuck...now I need to ignore you on here as well....

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I don't think it sounds bad at all, it's just different hearing that noise coming from a Mustang.

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
They need to discontinue the V6, so that rental car companies start buying these as convertibles, so that I can get one for 10k 3 years from now... :D

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back