Ecoboost Engine Failures

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Unrelated to the 2.3EB but my 3.5 in my F-150 blew. Rod busted in cylinder 1. I was pushing 24psi, but it does happen.

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Are you on F150 ecoboost.net? If so user name?

What year, miles and tune?

I never cared for the crowd on .net and never posted on that "forum".
It was a 2013, 38000 miles and a tuned down SSI tune. I bricked my ECU updating my device and was going through SCT to get my stock tune restored. After getting that fixed, loaded up an old tune designed for snow driving, mild throttle from a stop sign and maxed out the 2.5bar MAP and heard one of the worst noises ever.
Obviously something didn't meld together and should have just got a new reflash on the ECU and ordered new tunes with the new strategy but... It got covered under warranty so screw it.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Understand, I feel the .net crowd is better than the f150online group which is...well...anyway...

Glad to hear you had it fixed under warranty, how is the new engine doing?

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Understand, I feel the .net crowd is better than the f150online group which is...well...anyway...

Glad to hear you had it fixed under warranty, how is the new engine doing?

Traded it in a week after it got put in for a 2015 with the 5.0L. The 2013 was a SCab so went for the SCrew with the new one for when the baby comes and all that fun stuff. Plus the sound it makes with the Corsa catback is to die for.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice..the sound of the EB 6 cyl is not great but other than that I have no complaints about my 2016. Put an CAI and an Unleashed Tune on it and think that will be it unless someone comes out with a better FMIC.

Back