Ecoboost S197

Ecostang

Reaction score
That is pretty neat, 3.5 SHO Taurus is awesome but transmission for modding the engine isn't greatest from I understand. But throw the 3.5 TT into the Mustang with RWD, stuff becomes much harder to break. Only downside in my opinion is the 3.5 ecoboost isn't a great sounding engine with exhaust. A guy by me has a SHO with exhaust and it's civic SI like.

That sucks, I defintely will not allow my car to sound like a ricer lol. The 3.7 mustang engine and the ecoboost engine are nearly identical besides a tiny bit of displacement, DI, and turbos. I'm using gt500 quad tip exhaust which has been put on a few 3.7 mustangs and it sounds pretty good, although it's no V8.

Imagine this sound with 2x the HP and twin turbo whistle....won't be bad.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NtJof9v2DKQ

Then there is this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJ7WZoV4xA

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
I am not gonna lie I really like that combo and am now considering it

Ecostang

Reaction score
I am not gonna lie I really like that combo and am now considering it

I suspect that used ecoboost engines prices will climb once the control pack is finally released. If you do it don't buy a Taurus engine, need to get the f150 motor preferably a 2013+ for the easiest installation. 2011+ 3.7 manual transmission fits the motor, coyote flywheel, clutch, etc. Its been very simple to install so far, the hardest part is the turbo piping and but if you use an air-to-air intercooler it would be very simple to install.

I drove my ecoboost truck west over the rocky mountains for 16 hrs this weekend hauling a** the whole time keeping it around 65-85, averaged 20.0 mpg on the whole trip. If you drive the f150 ecoboost for more than a couple days it's easy to get hooked.

Last edited:

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
That's impressive tat the ecoboost f150 did that well while trailering...so million dollar question would the evoboost work in an 07

Ecostang

Reaction score
That's impressive tat the ecoboost f150 did that well while trailering...so million dollar question would the evoboost work in an 07

Well to be fair I was just hauling a** no trailer was involved :). It does incredibly well with a trailer, but the gas mileage is no where near 20mpg.

Yes it will work for an 07, shouldn't be any different than my install.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Any update from ford on the controller pack etc

Ecostang

Reaction score
Any update from ford on the controller pack etc

Nothing but bad news, they have once again pushed out the release till the end of October, which I don't trust.

With some help I'll hopefully be able to use the f150 pcm in the mustang, would save $2k. I'll keep you guys posted, the car is roughly 90% done now. Drivetrain is installed from front to back, just small details on that. I'm think I'll have the car finished in a few weeks, except for the engine controls.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Well hopefully you have this girl running soon

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
3.5 EB w/V6 interior = LX.... just saying in case Ford is lustening.....

Willmkent

Reaction score
Very cool project. That motor is actually really awesome. Once its tuned well it has a great power band and responds extremely well

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The 3.7 motor is impressive. I saw a 2011 Mustang with one and a P1SC. The shop wasn't close to maxing out the supercharger and the car was making 450rwhp. I know they were using 47 pound injectors, not sure about the fuel pump. IIRC the maf was digital and it was an issue getting an extended digital maf but that was back in 2011. That was the biggest issue, everything else was as easy as bolting parts on and tuning it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back