Edelbrock header sale

Lambo

Reaction score
I just found out that Edelbrock is offering their shorty headers for $171.00. Is this simply too good to be true? I was going to go with JBA'S, but now I might just jump on this deal. Anyone have any input? It's also not clear what kind of coating, if any, these have.

Dave

forum member
Reaction score
From what I've heard the shorties aren't worth the effort on our cars, I'm saving up for lontubes

Tylus

Bullitt #6451
Reaction score
rather pointless to run shorties.

get LT's or nothing IMO.

blue streak

forum member
Reaction score
i have jba tuned shorties. im happy with them. my car makes the same if not better numbers than cars with simular mods and longtubes. tunable inductions intake, cmcv dps, jba's, o/r x, slp a/b, 4.10, and i tuned it with hptuners. 329 and 337. made 268 and 296 bone stock on same dyno.

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
I installed FRPP shorties 5 years ago on my 05 GT. If I had it to do over I would go with tuned long tubes. It is about the same amount of labor for either and the LTs are more productive.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
The real power gained is the replacement/removal of the stock cats. Once removed, there are minimal gains to be had with long -vs- short headers.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
The real power gained is the replacement/removal of the stock cats. Once removed, there are minimal gains to be had with long -vs- short headers.

agreed.. I have heard that for a long time.. I'm sure my mac 1 3/4 ST and the kitty cat removal is just about as good.

Ignatowski

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have a link to this sale?

For those that say that long tubes are better than shorties. Are you making the comparison between LTs vs. Shorties with new midpipes or just LTs vs. Shorties?

I thought most of the difference was made with a change in the midpipe. If that's the case... $350 for some shorties and offroads for a 15-25 hp gain sounds like a good deal.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Would you need a tune for these alone? I plan on getting a o/r x and know I would need a tune for that and the jlt but what about just the headers?

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
for ST's you wont till the kitty is gone. you can also look into MAC.. for a little more you can go 1 3/4 (if your going F/I) and coated

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back