eliminating in car sound tube

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
does anyone know of a cover to put over the air intake opening to eliminate the sound tube going into the car ?

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just spent my lunch hour in lowes / home depot and came up with a zero on finding something. anyone ?

35anngt

Just spent my lunch hour in lowes / home depot and came up with a zero on finding something. anyone ?

i saw on svtperformance.com that JLT makes a cap for around 5$. contact them, hope that helps

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i saw on svtperformance.com that JLT makes a cap for around 5$. contact them, hope that helps

Thanks, just called I have to buy the cai to get the plug "lol" Thanks anyway . they will not sell it seperate. :wtf1:

Reaction score
If you want a more professional look Joe heck racing has a cap for 24 dollars... Google search joe heck racing 2011 mustang gt or something of the sort. The cap should come up in their store.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
i went to my local hardware store... they had rubber plugs kinda like a cork... smaller at one end and biiger at the other.. found the right size.. was under $3.

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i went to my local hardware store... they had rubber plugs kinda like a cork... smaller at one end and biiger at the other.. found the right size.. was under $3.

That was what I was looking for . neither home depot nor lowes had it . I was shocked. They had versions of it but nothing that would work.

joe heck racing ."check " Thanks

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
If you want a more professional look Joe heck racing has a cap for 24 dollars... Google search joe heck racing 2011 mustang gt or something of the sort. The cap should come up in their store.

It's actually $15.95 and free shipping...

BUT

"Sorry but this item is currently unavailable. Please check back at a later stage"

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
joe heck installed my supercharger back in 07. great guy! Hes like an hour and a half from me.

im trying to think what else you might be able to use. u know, thump racing is always looking to make new products. someone should give them a shout.

Reaction score
It's actually $15.95 and free shipping...

BUT

"Sorry but this item is currently unavailable. Please check back at a later stage"

Oh wow they went down. Hmmm tempting now. 16 bucks to my door to save me a 30 minute drive down the mountain to home depot and lowes is worth it. Not to mention my time and headaches of finding something that will work.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
This is something Ive been wanting to do.

A firewall gromet would be great for the firewall, but I havent found much that would look nice and OEM for capping the tube.
I really wish I still had access to a lathe. It would be so easy to make a tight fitting plug out of delrin...

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
i think all of the cai makers should offer a no sound tube version where that spot isnt even on the elbow.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back