Email notifications of PM's ceased?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, here is the deal I believe:

1) I am getting email notifications for PMs
2) I am NOT getting email notifications for responses to subscribed threads.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Ok, here is the deal I believe:

1) I am getting email notifications for PMs
2) I am NOT getting email notifications for responses to subscribed threads.

It obviously is not affecting all accounts here. But I believe for the people affected, all email notifications have ceased. I did not have PM notifications turned on before. I turned it on earlier today and had somebody send me a PM a couple hours later, still no email notification.

I have a half dozen active subscribed threads and have not received any email notification from this forum since 8/16.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is working for sure. I never get an email for subscribed threads. Just an e-mail with an incoming PM!

It must just be Greg!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just started getting email notifications with regards to thread replies from when I changed my settings this morning.

So it seems it works on new threads you post in after you have changed the setting, but not the existing ones before you changed the setting. Does that make sense?

And to be clear--I have always been notified about PMs, that has always worked for me anyway.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
How many of you guys are thru verizon? I'm getting a ton of bounced back emails from the forum saying that verizon's online anti-spam is blocking some. Here is the error.

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host relay.verizon.net [206.46.232.11]: 571 Email from 199.193.246.117 is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block. 130824

I submitted a form to get the site removed from the whitelist but you may have to do it as a member too. Not sure though. Hopefully they approve it soon.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys are thru verizon? I'm getting a ton of bounced back emails from the forum saying that verizon's online anti-spam is blocking some. Here is the error.

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host relay.verizon.net [206.46.232.11]: 571 Email from 199.193.246.117 is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block. 130824

I submitted a form to get the site removed from the whitelist but you may have to do it as a member too. Not sure though. Hopefully they approve it soon.

Verizon here as well; what I don't understand is why it would have been working for XX amount of time and then all of a sudden it stopped when I did not change any settings....?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Yeah not sure, seems like they decided to just start blocking it. I had to submit a form to another company today also that has been blocking our ip address for emails.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Just received an email back from verizon that normal email activity should be restored within the next 72 hours.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Glad everything is working now. Thanks for the feedback guys!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am also not getting email for threads or PM's for the last week. I have Cox cable so I don't know if they changed anything.

Earl

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back