end MT-82 miss shifts

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
I can add that I have the round style. I get the "marbles" sound. I'll be looking into it this weekend hopefully sooner

I have the round style as you do and have zero added sound from the BF bracket. Maybe try adjusting it to the lowest position as possible as I did.

Is this the toe you are referring to? :clap:

9hVB39.jpg

Yes that's the "Big Toe" stock shifter knob I was referring to, LOL.

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
I have the round style as you do and have zero added sound from the BF bracket. Maybe try adjusting it to the lowest position as possible as I did.

Yes that's the "Big Toe" stock shifter knob I was referring to, LOL.

That's my next option. I just can't find the time to get the damn thing back up on stands again.

claudermilk

Reaction score
So to prevent/reduce noise, you guys are dropping the upper part of the bracket to the bottom of the mount slots?

Funds became available, so I ordered both the MGW and the BF bracket and will just do all of it at once (also have the WL bushing waiting). I plan to bench assemble the pieces and see how much of the MGW heat shield to chop off; IIRC, it's supposed to be the back 1/3? I am remembering a post probably on the BMO thread where it was mentioned.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
So to prevent/reduce noise, you guys are dropping the upper part of the bracket to the bottom of the mount slots?

Funds became available, so I ordered both the MGW and the BF bracket and will just do all of it at once (also have the WL bushing waiting). I plan to bench assemble the pieces and see how much of the MGW heat shield to chop off; IIRC, it's supposed to be the back 1/3? I am remembering a post probably on the BMO thread where it was mentioned.

There is little info in the instructions to confirm which way the heat shield is oriented. Just so you know, the existing notch goes toward the transmission side and the bent sides angle down towards the ground. Go back and look at the pictures I posted earlier in this thread.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Thanks, I see how it goes. The bent sides I would think should be obvious. With your picture, I see how & why the notch goes. I will try to remember to take good pics like yours when I get the parts & start modifying the mod (you guys are a terrible influence).

Half hoping to get a tracking number before Darren just to watch his head explode...

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score

Worked perfect for me like this.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Most of the noises I heard on my first test drive are gone but I'm still getting a 'marbles' noise when turning left under power.

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
Just received mine today from CJ. ordered it on monday. Powdercoating on part is horrible. Will need areas touched up. Can overlook that if it performs like everyone says.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Hope all the required nuts, bolts, and washers are here. This is what I found when I opened the box.:mad2:

I'm probably just over reacting though. This is "the norm" these days. It's ME that needs to change my way of thinking............<rolls eyes>

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Well since it was double boxed I think the odds are good all the washers are still in there. I guess this means Steve read all your posts after all? The rest of us got all our hardware in a nice little ziplock bag.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
lol just checked the Blowfish website, talk about greed, he's upped the price to $320 smh, still $300 at CJPP

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back