end MT-82 miss shifts

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
Keep in mind the small issue Darren and I had with the BF bracket combined with the MGW won't necessarily apply to your situation with the Barton.

Yup, I just get a bit of the marble shake. its not too terrible. Besides I have to have windows up and radio off to hear it even slightly over my exhaust. She shifts like a race car though. gonna put a couple shakedown passes on her on wed. at Bithlo, you should swing out. weather is gonna be killer!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Keep in mind the small issue Darren and I had with the BF bracket combined with the MGW won't necessarily apply to your situation with the Barton.

True. two different setups.

In reference to mine, I let the revs get over 4k in 2nd gear and held it there while I drove it and it was quiet and the shifter was not buzzy at all. Got up to speed and held it there........notta. Went from 4th to 3rd instead of 5th , held it there as the RPM winded and notta............not sure I can replicate any unwanted stuff as I think I tried it all. Dropped down to 2nd and got squirrely ripping through the gears........notta. No notchy shifting between gears either. smooth gear to gear selection no matter what kind of accelerating or decelling.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Goodtimes!!!! :thumb2:

Took mine out and ran it through the gears(stopped for a little photoshoot action):thumb2:

Not a single bit of unwanted NVH!!!! Shifted like butter and precise gear to gear shifting. SOLID AS A ROCK!!! No MT-82 transmission rattle trap noise either.:thumb2:

I didn't know your garage had a blue screen...:chainsaw:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Quick someone call the police!!! Darrens car is outside!!!!

Yea, and of all days I should have taken a pic of the dark clouds that rolled in within minutes with the cool front. It was a perfect setup for hail with the hot air meeting the cool front. The wind was terrible and I had to dodge twigs and branches in the road because my car is so low. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
COPIED AND PASTED MY REPLY FROM ANOTHER FORUM IF ANYBODY THAT ACTUALLY USES THIS PRODUCT OVER HERE AT S197FORUM IS INTERESTED::

The only thing I can attribute the value of the heatshield, other than the obvious, is the fact that the area I have circled in the pic(which pertains to both sides of the heatshield) press firmly against the transmission tunnel. I say "firmly" because when adjusting the shifter UP or DOWN in the application, the heatshields make it difficult to push too far UP because they press against the side of the trans tunnel. The aluminum heatshield is wrapped in a sound deadening material AS WELL AS the white asbestos type heat shield/sound deadening material being used in conjunction. These two "factors" used simultaneously, pressing against the sides of the trans tunnel creating a layer/eliment of "stability" from any lateral shifting/torquing seem to help. It's as if these aid in keeping the transmission "still" inside the trans tunnel during operation.

I also RTV'd a small layer between the metal to metal contact on the BF Shifter adapter and MGW rear shifter mount to suppress any potential NVH.
The only thing I can attribute the value of the heatshield, other than the obvious, is the fact that the area I have circled in the pic(which pertains to both sides of the heatshield) press firmly against the transmission tunnel. I say "firmly" because when adjusting the shifter UP or DOWN in the application, the heatshields make it difficult to push too far UP because they press against the side of the trans tunnel. The aluminum heatshield is wrapped in a sound deadening material AS WELL AS the white asbestos type heat shield/sound deadening material being used in conjunction. These two "factors" used simultaneously, pressing against the sides of the trans tunnel creating a layer/eliment of "stability" from any lateral shifting/torquing seem to help. It's as if these aid in keeping the transmission "still" inside the trans tunnel during operation.

I also RTV'd a small layer between the metal to metal contact on the BF Shifter adapter and MGW rear shifter mount to suppress any potential NVH.

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Darren,

It appears from the double dose in your post that taking your car out has put you under some terrible stress .... :D It's gonna be OK, brother.

Thanks for the write-up and those good photos - very helpful for those of us who have yet to install the BF bracket. (Hey, it's on my list.)

Chris

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Darren,

It appears from the double dose in your post that taking your car out has put you under some terrible stress .... :D It's gonna be OK, brother.

Thanks for the write-up and those good photos - very helpful for those of us who have yet to install the BF bracket. (Hey, it's on my list.)

Chris

Thanks Chris. LMK if you need anything when you put yours on. I gotta go polish my driveshaft after seeing the rust on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy::yuck:

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I see CJPP now has these in stock, damn it I need to scrape together the funds, buying Forgestars broke me for a few months, that and the wife will frown upon any more mods for a few months lol

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Nearly every time I shift I hear light clunking. 1700 miles on the car and completely stock. I was thinking its either the trans or just the driveshaft is noisy. Just wondering if anyone had similar issues stock that went away when you got the bracket?

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
True. two different setups.

In reference to mine, I let the revs get over 4k in 2nd gear and held it there while I drove it and it was quiet and the shifter was not buzzy at all. Got up to speed and held it there........notta. Went from 4th to 3rd instead of 5th , held it there as the RPM winded and notta............not sure I can replicate any unwanted stuff as I think I tried it all. Dropped down to 2nd and got squirrely ripping through the gears........notta. No notchy shifting between gears either. smooth gear to gear selection no matter what kind of accelerating or decelling.

nada
[nah-duh]

noun, Informal.

nothing; zero; none

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Nearly every time I shift I hear light clunking. 1700 miles on the car and completely stock. I was thinking its either the trans or just the driveshaft is noisy. Just wondering if anyone had similar issues stock that went away when you got the bracket?

It's the transmission. 4800 miles and mine just keeps getting louder.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
It's the transmission. 4800 miles and mine just keeps getting louder.

Wonderfulllllllllllll... Lol.

Any known causes such as crappy fluid from the factory possibly? It's not too terrible but it's noticeable enough to be annoying. :thud:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
When I removed the front of the driveshaft to install my shifter bracket, I could grab the transmission output shaft and twist it back and forth about 1/4" and it clanked really bad. At some point I may put everything back to stock and bring it in (if I can find a dealership I trust enough). Otherwise I'll just drop a T56 Magnum in there.

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Hey Chaps,

I just read (elsewhere) about MGW's Gen3 shifter that will incorporate most of the features of the GT500 shifter and should be unveiled at the end of the month. MGW (George) reports that the new design eliminates the need for a remote bracket. Sounds pretty intriguing. I am sure that I'm not the first to hear but I haven't seen any posts about it yet. Any speculation or discussion?

Chris

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back