engine build questions

graygt07

forum member
Reaction score
I have an 07 gt auto with a saleen supershaker with 12# boost. My plan is to replace the engine with the aluminator. I will be getting the short block with 9.5 comp. just like the stock one. I need to know how much hp i can make and still use 93 octane. I know i should get the lower comp. but the saleen only has one smaller pulley i can put on and with an overdrive crank pulley i think i will only see 15 or 16# boost. I will be adding a cam and a larger heat exchanger. With 39# injectors and the gt500(which i have) i was thinking i will make around 525 rwhp. i dont plan on being able to higher with the saleen. Am i thinking on the right track? Anyone see a hole in my plan? anyone have a higher comp. block with a supercharger running 93 with over 500 rwhp?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I can't say I have alot of knowledge but those 39# injectors will be too small for your power levels. You should step up to 60# injectors to be safe so you're not maxing them out.

Stinkyone

forum member
Reaction score
11lbs, 39# with a BAP, 3.2 and cams, can pull 530, on 93 octane but am at 501 for safety reasons. 60# injectors is what I really need and leave the boost and timing right where its at. Thinking of the electric water pump. Might be an option for you?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back