Engine compartment appearence, suggestions?

ulev1st

Mustang Addict!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good...could still usea polished rad cover..I really like the idlers! How much were they and where did you source them from?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks great Paul, did you went with the metco Idlers?

edit-my bad you got the motoblue..1st post

Looks pretty good...could still usea polished rad cover..I really like the idlers! How much were they and where did you source them from?

Got them from RPM Outlet under the cobra 2003-2004 page. I got two 90mm idler pullies and they work great---$40 a piece. I decided to go with them after I shredded a steel one just driving to work. The stamped steel ones seem like they get fatigued after a few thousand miles with the kind of driving we do.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobraasp.htm#2" (towards the bottom of the page--the GEN II pullies, not the GEN X)

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lookin good Paul.....btw, did ya get your electronic issues figured out?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not yet. I re-did some of the wiring and repaired a bad ground, which seems like it improved the problem--but not sure as I only drove the car a few miles today. I am going to drive the car to work tomorrow (160 miles round trip) and see what happens.

Darth Stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry, the welds on those canton tanks look like ass! Is there anyone out there who makes one that looks a little less metal shopped?

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
oilsep1.jpg
Personally, I think that's part of the charm... They do clean up nicely with a bit of polishing, though. Josh and Kevin at PMP did mine, and they turned out pretty nice. Darth, if you're looking for a super-clean solution, you may need to fab it yourself out of a single sheet of aluminum with a metal brake, and then weld from the inside. Way beyond my abilities...

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back