Epic Turbo Boss Build! Going for low 8s

Kimura

!> /\/\
Reaction score
that looks like its going to be fast as hell.

the part I don't understand is why do that with a boss? why did the owner choose a boss to do this to? did he not realize that you are just taking the boss features and ripping them all out to make a drag car therefore should of just done a GT?

Basically what I don't understand about turning bosses into drag cars is why pay extra money for extra options and features just to rip them all out. Kind of like buying a fully optioned GT with sync/nav/ass heaters/HIDs/ect. from the factory and then immediately gutting the interior to sheet metal. mabey a blue collar paycheck inhibits me from understanding this?

The Boss is a factory race car, why not?

The only part of the build I don't personally care for is putting a Glide into it. I think that loses 95% of owners who could relate to the build.

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score

The only part of the build I don't personally care for is putting a Glide into it. I think that loses 95% of owners who could relate to the build.

Easy switch

I think a 4r70 would be cool.

Glides are cheap and easy to build and will hold a TON of power.

So the trans isnt an issue we could always swap the car to anything

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice build Eric!
It's getting me ready for my build with JPC! This is tempting me to go more drag oriented on some aspects of my suspension.:) i can relate to this guy with my 3 valve i slapped a small twin screw then a tvs then a novi 2 diffrent built motors & was planing a turbo build with some wicked RGR 3 valve heads then totaled the car before that happened now i have a Coyote and im going strait for the RGR built motor and JPC turbo setup more on the street some strip oriented build.
Once this happens i will be able to say I've experienced all forms of forced induction ;) it's been fun..

Last edited:

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score

Transcooler is mounted!!

Rear Bumper support done

Front Brakes are all finished up

Starting on some Intercooler Lines

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score

Box of junk we took off

Almost 80lbs in extra crap we didnt need.

I also did a comparison on the brake calipers since we had them off

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score

Getting the AN cooling lines all setup

Ice Box mounted

Took that stupid looking heat blanket off the firewall. Dropped some more unneeded crap.

Looks so much better now that you can see the fire wall.

Still got some clean up to do under the hood. It will be spotless when get ready to set the engine back in.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
I guess that makes a little more sense then. by time you go 10s there is a cage and other permanent mods so going back would actually cost money.

Cages are required even in newer cars that run 10s? I know guys that are able to run without them, but maybe that's just lenient tracks..

+1

You guys aren't messing around!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

The proper glide could handle practically any power level, turbos love glides, and they only weigh 95lbs vs the very heavy 4R70W (140lbs?)

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
for this power level and more race oriented build the glide is stronger than the 4R.. and much lighter.
I loved my fb 4r with man valve body but with this aggressive build not sure how long it would live and probably wouldn't live well without solid billet input shaft and you would lose lock up.
Even the strongest built 4r could not handle the power as reliable as a pwr glide..

Last edited:

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
Cages are required even in newer cars that run 10s? I know guys that are able to run without them, but maybe that's just lenient tracks..

+1

You guys aren't messing around!

I forget the rules as they are written exactly, but basically in order to run faster than 11.5 without a 4pt the car needs to be bone stock. then it comes down to the track to determine how strictly these rules are upheld. some tracks (caugh raceway park) who tech TnT night like it is the NHRA supernationals will probobly boot your for counting DRs as not-stock. I see a lot of tracks letting DRs go especially if they are on the stock or like-stock rims. I know some guys have gotten by with an intake and a tune also as many people consider and intake and a tune 'still stock'.

but as far as the car in question, it had a supercharger running 10s. I know if I was a tech I would expect to see a cage.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It depends on the area to.

When I went racing in Tenn, there was no tech. Really. None.

Here in Kalifornia they follow the rule book pretty close to the letter, but do seem to bend the rules a little bit on TNT nights. But every track out here would expect a roll BAR in a 10 second car.

They actually get really anal when you are 9.99 or quicker. Then it really hits the fan then.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
I forget the rules as they are written exactly, but basically in order to run faster than 11.5 without a 4pt the car needs to be bone stock. then it comes down to the track to determine how strictly these rules are upheld. some tracks (caugh raceway park) who tech TnT night like it is the NHRA supernationals will probobly boot your for counting DRs as not-stock. I see a lot of tracks letting DRs go especially if they are on the stock or like-stock rims. I know some guys have gotten by with an intake and a tune also as many people consider and intake and a tune 'still stock'.

but as far as the car in question, it had a supercharger running 10s. I know if I was a tech I would expect to see a cage.

It depends on the area to.

When I went racing in Tenn, there was no tech. Really. None.

Here in Kalifornia they follow the rule book pretty close to the letter, but do seem to bend the rules a little bit on TNT nights. But every track out here would expect a roll BAR in a 10 second car.

They actually get really anal when you are 9.99 or quicker. Then it really hits the fan then.

Thanks for the clarification, guys. Sorry to the OP for the derailment.

I bolded the part that I find very interesting, because of what I stated in my previous post.

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Nice! Shifter & center console with controller..

Mystickeith50:
The arb is already there its mounted in the stock pan hard bar location same TRZ arb i had in my 08 its a great light weight piece.

Last edited:

King Dingaling

Reaction score
For the record, I know NHRA made a rule last year that any car 08-newer could run 10.0 and slower and not require a cage.

I'm guessing that it has something to do with air bags, crumple zones. There are some cars around here running quick with no cages.

mr. anderson

forum member
Reaction score
For the record, I know NHRA made a rule last year that any car 08-newer could run 10.0 and slower and not require a cage.

I'm guessing that it has something to do with air bags, crumple zones. There are some cars around here running quick with no cages.

I have a roll bar, it's just not in the car yet. guess when I get to go faster than a 10 I'll install it. come to think about it, I don't think any of the coyotes around here are running a roll bar or cage yet? can you think of any?

Back